• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ridge is most like the Aviar. The V.P. falls near the Pig and Rhyno, and the only thing I can compare the Summit's stability to is either a beat Pure or really beat Voodoo. When in doubt, the Ridge is awesome at everything under 250 feet.

Being as I am from a mountain state, rather the mountain state, Colorado of course, I like the names. I am waiting for the Avalanche super high speed driver and the Timberline mid-range, which of course will be the best midrange of all time.

On another note, I am excited to hear the feedback about the fairway driver. Any idea when these are going into production and when they might be sent off for PDGA approval?

On another note, I am excited to hear the feedback about the fairway driver. Any idea when these are going into production and when they might be sent off for PDGA approval?

Same, I'd like to have an X-Link to replace my TL and Banshee and the Firm to replace my Leopard.

Hey Steve:
L-O-V-E....My R-Pro Aviars...
Which of the Vibram putters is the closest to it???
Lets see if you can win me over :confused:

If you are just using them to putt, the X-Link Ridge would be my suggestion. Similar height and feel.

If you are using them to approach, the X-Link Summit would probably be a better fit. Lower profile, but similar, easy to control flight.

Being as I am from a mountain state, rather the mountain state, Colorado of course, I like the names. I am waiting for the Avalanche super high speed driver and the Timberline mid-range, which of course will be the best midrange of all time.

Here is my best guess, and my apologies, but I tend to be optimistic about time frames so take this with a grain of salt.

1 month - get the discs to testers
1 month - get feedback from testers
1 month - modify mold as necessary
1 month - complete a production test run
1 month - get the discs to stores and start promoting

Best case scenario appears to be late 2010, early 2011. We've got to test and test and test and make sure the disc is one we want to put the Vibram label on. In the long run (and over the past 70 years), this proves to be the most effective product release strategy.

X-Link Soft Ascents? Please……

Ray, you are nuts...

That would be the sloppiest, floppy driver of all time. The thing would totally deform in your grip as it tries to rip out of your fingers. Gross.

actually...

I want it too Steve.

Here is my best guess, and my apologies, but I tend to be optimistic about time frames so take this with a grain of salt.

1 month - get the discs to testers
1 month - get feedback from testers
1 month - modify mold as necessary
1 month - complete a production test run
1 month - get the discs to stores and start promoting

Best case scenario appears to be late 2010, early 2011. We've got to test and test and test and make sure the disc is one we want to put the Vibram label on. In the long run (and over the past 70 years), this proves to be the most effective product release strategy.

So I am guessing that to be one of those testers you have to be on the team or a close friend. I better start playing better.

So I am guessing that to be one of those testers you have to be on the team or a close friend. I better start playing better.

You could learn how to do something else better...

Like baking...perverts.

Man...Steven is faster than me. :(

I can honestly say after tossing it a couple of times I wouldn't want anything changed. But I understand the process. However a soft ascent would be... odd. I think the issue will certainly be though how the Firm, Reg, and Soft Xlink effect stability.

Any chance someone relentlessly pestering you will lead to a tester spot? Probably not, but boy I would love one of the Reg XLinks.

I also meant to ask, will we ever see the Vibram yellow as a disc color? I think those would be cool. Also I saw something a while ago about someone dying a couple. Any word on how they take dye or hold up?

pink xlink ridge came today. love the feel. completely different from the vp i bought. dont know why, but it's just love in the hands.

can't wait to throw it tomorrow.

pink xlink ridge came today. love the feel. completely different from the vp i bought. dont know why, but it's just love in the hands.

can't wait to throw it tomorrow.

Glad you love it. Are they both X-Link? If so, what color is the V.P.?

Glad you love it. Are they both X-Link? If so, what color is the V.P.?

like a deep purple. the package had the weight listed for the disc, it's not on the disc itself. The pink however has speckles in it, the weight is written on the disc and no marking on the package of the weight.

I don't know what role the VP will play for me, but the ridge made it into the bag without testing so far :D

For those of you who have the other Soft discs what do you think of the summit and ridge? I picked up a VP at am worlds and love how it feels and how the softys putt (I actually use them to put and not the XLinks or Firms, I use them for driving and Mids) but I feel like the VP is still really overstable even being that floppy. Which I think is really cool that it still retains the flight characteristics but I believe I'll be better suited for the Summit and Ridge.

I'm lookin at you Vegan Ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.