• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
discgolfcenter just got some Vibram granites (VP, Summit, Ridge) in stock the other day. :thmbup:

I just grabbed a few of them, get them while they are available.

discgolfcenter just got some Vibram granites (VP, Summit, Ridge) in stock the other day. :thmbup:

I just grabbed a few of them, get them while they are available.

About time they replenished their stock.

spill the beans captain jack! i wanna know :D

also i reallly like the super firm ibex that i was throwing today. hopefully what i was throwing carries over in the other rubber molds

i got one of them super firm ascents. 173 weight. red with a rainbow stamp. O H M Y G O D. first throw was damn near a hole in one, soft hyzer forehand flick was absolutely nasty.
thank you a ton Steve.
cant wait to throw it when it isnt dumping a whole ton of rain on me. good stuff.

anyone elses ibex have 2 bumps opposite each other inside the rim?

I have a soft VP that has two distinct marks opposite each other on the flight plate. 4 small raised dots around a larger round that has a sandpaper like texture. My other Vibrams do not have these marks at all.

Not to knock the tester program Steve, and no this isn't cause I was removed from it, but why wait for the testers? The Ibex is definitely perfect the way it is and ready for mass production. The Sole I can understand cause it sounds like it needs tweeking to make it less overstable. I don't get why you plan to release the Sole before the Ibex because of this...

We got production run Soles first. Ideally we would have released them at the same time. In this instance (and hopefully only this instance), we will be releasing the discs before getting feedback from the fied testers. We did get feedback internally and from our team.

Ok, I'm familiar with the chunk thing, but don't those sell for big bucks?? Or are these the production "chunks" & they will be nothing special anymore?

These are production run Granites, so it could be argued that they are ONLY special because of their looks. However, sitting in my shoes, with our doubled capacity in August, we are barely able to keep up with production demands (this is part of the reason for the delayed launch of the Ibex and Sole) and I am unable to schedule more Granites for the foreseeable future (I'm guessing we will be able to catch up over Winter.) So probably until Spring, these Granites will still be fairly rare.

My Sole has the same [bumps on the outer underside of the flight plate] - it's due to the engraving and Vibram logo on the top.

Mostly correct. In order to accomodate the logo on the wing, we had to add some material. In order to balance the disc, we had to add the same amount of material on the opposite side.

I have a soft VP that has two distinct marks opposite each other on the flight plate. 4 small raised dots around a larger round that has a sandpaper like texture. My other Vibrams do not have these marks at all.

This is one of two things: either aliens snuck into the factory and created that symbol as part of their takeover (not sure if they will rule the earth before or after the zombies, but it's kind of a moot point), OR this is one of the newer VPs, where we marked the two VP molds so that we can tell the VPs apart and know which VP mold they came from down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts