• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Discs (don't get caught without your rubber)

jnecessary said:
People that are throwing Ridges a lot, how are they holding up in stability?

Mine has lost stability quite quickly, a month or two and it is turning to the right on flat and slight hyzers. I don't recall any super hard tree hits but who knows. Wonder if they are tunable? Never really tried to tune putters back stable.

Mine are holding up pretty well actually, I don't use them all that much for approach shots or driving off the tee but I know they will turn if you power them too much, I tend to use a VP off the tee when I want to power them.

I can really make my Ridge do whatever I want, hyzer, anny or just straight. What is the main use of yours? Maybe you're just getting to powerful!! :D

Tim Red Beard said:
jnecessary said:

Mine has lost stability quite quickly, a month or two and it is turning to the right on flat and slight hyzers. I don't recall any super hard tree hits but who knows. Wonder if they are tunable? Never really tried to tune putters back stable.

Mine are holding up pretty well actually, I don't use them all that much for approach shots or driving off the tee but I know they will turn if you power them too much, I tend to use a VP off the tee when I want to power them.

I can really make my Ridge do whatever I want, hyzer, anny or just straight. What is the main use of yours? Maybe you're just getting to powerful!! :D
Not to powerful for sure, but I do have clean form and can throw a beat up KC Aviar 300' which I don't think you can really do unless your form isn't terrible.

I tried to replace stiff S Wizards and M Wizards off the tee with the Ridge because everyone wanted to compare them to each other. I'm thinking the Ridge is just not quite as HSS as the Wizard and that isn't what I expected. I have KC Worlds VP but don't want to throw it, gonna snatch a thrower VP up and use that for a bit. I'm expecting it to be way more overstable and probably just a compliment to the Wiz though.

Interesting JN, I find that the ridge is More HSS than the wizard, and I have been throwing them both a lot lately and for a long time. I am assuming that you have a few ridges that you have tried this comparison out on? I find that the ridge especially from a slight hyzer will flip up and hold a straight line better than a Wizard. Try a VP for sure though man, there will be no turn to them at all, no matter how hard you throw it (assuming no OAT). Snatch up a nice 170-172g VP and give it a swhot, they are great for 100% reliability.

peppermack said:
Interesting JN, I find that the ridge is More HSS than the wizard, and I have been throwing them both a lot lately and for a long time. I am assuming that you have a few ridges that you have tried this comparison out on? I find that the ridge especially from a slight hyzer will flip up and hold a straight line better than a Wizard. Try a VP for sure though man, there will be no turn to them at all, no matter how hard you throw it (assuming no OAT). Snatch up a nice 170-172g VP and give it a swhot, they are great for 100% reliability.
I only have the one Ridge, could be a funny one. It isn't a bad disc, just not what I expected from reviews. However, it started out as expected but lost it. VP sounds good, reliability is what I want!

jnecessary said:

I'd be interested in learning more about these Ridges. What material, what weight, what color, and around when did you get them? Lastly, has the top gone concave on you?

Oh, I could hug ya! I just met up here in West Virginia with the WV Disc GOlf Association and they are all Vibram Disc Virgins. Most of them had never even heard that vibram is making discs and None of them had ever seen on. Lucky I have some with me and sold one (didn't want to but was willing to take one for team vibram) of my pretty ones to one of the younger players. A lot of them seem interested so the new driver will only generate more buzzz down here. The big sellers is the rubber and the grip, the three different firmnesses, and the cool swirly/granite look that makes each one unique.

There is a big B-Tier PDGA event coming up in Sept, you should get someone down here with some Vibram stuff, there could be a mass conversion to the vibram cult!

Steven Dodge said:
peppermack said:
Sir Dodge, any word when the testers are going out? :D

Some went out yesterday, some more today and hopefully all of them by tomorrow.
How light were you able to mold 'em? I got two 161g at VO, but would prefer not to throw those beauties the amount that diligent testing would require unless I have to.

yay!!! Vibram drivers!! I've already ditched all my innova in favor of Discraft and Vibrams. How long till I have an entire Vibram bag? ....hmmm Vibram bag !? now that's a good idea. Vibram should make disc bags.

Lots of tourney's and club finals stuff coming up to show off new stuff. Speaking of which, Rochester is hosting 2011 Am Worlds. Steve Dodge sir, you should get in touch with us about that at some point. GRDGC.org

My Ridge is much more HSS than my Wizards and a little more LSS. The top is flat it is a new one but no Wiz I've tried(about 10 most plastics and different stiffnesses) in new condition is close to the HSS of my Ridge that is not firm.

Looky looky what I just got!

downloadfile-23.jpg