• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Lace Official Announcement

Two rounds with my Vibram Lace and it is already my go to driver. Launched one today and it held the line I put it on so well. Been throwing it forehand as well and the disc seems to hold lines as well. This would be a first for me with Vibram discs as most of the others are a bit too flippy for forehands.

AAAHAHHHRG! I can't wait 'til mine comes in the mail! :wall::mad:

Just received mine in the mail when I got home. Normally wide rim drivers are hard for me to hold and uncomfortable. However, with the medium plastic it actually feels really good in the hand. One is a pop top domey, 169 and a flat 174. The medium rubber does feel really malleable, you can almost fold it in half. I haven't tried, but just stating its give. I can not wait to get on the course and try it out. I'm extermly curious to see/feel what the firm will feel like.

Check out the Laces that Justin over at Communitydiscs.com hooked me up with! I think these are possible a few of the prettiest discs I have seen.

705062_434217876627982_566878696_o.jpg

I threw the lace some today, and while it's a nice disc, it's not necessarily the disc for me. I'm glad I got the opportunity though. Thanks to Disc Golf Talk Radio for allowing me the chance to win one :thmbup:

So in my two rounds with the Lace, I can tell you that I have saved or would have saved between one and three throws a round.

The first round I played I used it as a second drive on many of the first holes until I realized how much better it was performing about halfway through. I figured I would have saved three throws that round.

The second round was a doubles round so it was a bit tougher to tell an exact number but it was my primary driver and I put us in good places to make birdies on several holes that were not otherwise birdie holes necessarily.

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Going to try them out today!
Big thanks to Justin @ Community Discs for letting me pre-order at such good prices!
CAM00154.jpg

One of these is for my brother-in-law... Christmas present. Just have to figure out which one of these beauties I like the least...

:)

attachment.php

Attachments

• +lace.jpg
    +lace.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 258
After throwing the Lace probably 20-30 times today I feel very good about it. At first I was surprised how stable it was. A lot of throwers who don't have much arm speed will probably consider it overstable. I find it more similar to a Boss/ Destroyer than I expected. But for me, this is a good thing. This means it will be a more reliable wind driver, something Vibram has also needed. Although I don't think I broke 400' with it today, I think I'll get there eventually. I'd like to order some lighter ones and see what they do. If they are more stable/understable I might be able to get them up to 430' or so which would be great.

One thing is for sure, they definitely have the typical durability of the X-Link Medium. I let my friend try one out and she immediately threw it at a good speed right into a concrete wall. I cringed, but the disc was fine. Gotta love Vibram!

I just want to point out that the Inflight guide currently lists it as the longest driver out there.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-28 at 10.28.45 am.PNG
    Screen Shot 2012-11-28 at 10.28.45 am.PNG
    94.6 KB · Views: 330
I just want to point out that the Inflight guide currently lists it as the longest driver out there.

attachment.php

The only disc on that list I have is a Rampage and IMO it matches InBounds flight chart perfectly. My Lace is in the mail, and if the flight chart is as correct with the Lace as it is with the Rampage... BOOM

Anyone know if the 150 class will be available in the multicolored/chunk look?

I'm particular about color of my discs, does anybody know where I can find an upper 160s lace in blue or at least mostly blue. My usual go-to site (discgolfcenter) only has red.

I've never handled any Vibram discs but this seems like it would be a good overhand disc if the medium plastic is pretty rubbery. Are these soft enough to fold/flop on overhand shots or are they stiff enough to roll?

I'm particular about color of my discs, does anybody know where I can find an upper 160s lace in blue or at least mostly blue. My usual go-to site (discgolfcenter) only has red.

Normally on new releases that are this hot selling DGC will replenish their stock within a few days, I would expect they will have more in stock today or Monday, Tuesday by the latest.

I think they're similar to FLX and R-Pro. Somewhere in between those when it comes to flexibility. Certainly not the feel though.

For kicks and to start thinking about next year I went out and bought a 169 Lace. I already had a few other discs I wanted to try out in the field, most notably a Saint. A buddy of mine who is a local pro came with. The results were confusing at best.

For reference most days I throw around 390', he can throw golf lines around 550 feet. He threw the Lace first a few times and found it pretty flippy. Powering down it was ok for him but nothing he would use. He loved the Saint. I found the Saint and Lace performed identical for me. Most throws they would land within 10' of each other. The major difference was the Lace had a more pronounced fade. I didn't like the way it powered down but the pronounced fade can be good. I spent some time on skip shots and it did those very well.

I like the plastic better on the Lace than the Saint but I tend to favor smaller rims. I'm not sure what to make of this since they aren't meant to fill the same role. I am really looking for something to take the Wraith slot in my bag but no takers so far. I will keep trying the Lace for a few more rounds and some field practice to see what I want to do with it.

I've had a chance to throw my Lace a few times now.

The first time out, bundled up a bit and not really throwing very well, they faded like crazy. If I threw them with OAT they'd turn and not come back, but unless I warm up a little my first throws tend to do that regardless of the disc I throw.

The second time out I had reasonable snap for me, and the disc produced a good flight path with a predictable fade at the end. It would stand up out of a little hyzer, coast straight for a long time, and penetrate forward when it landed, often skipping pretty well (though not as far as less grippy discs).

It's a solid disc and may be the farthest thrower in my bag, but at my current power level, I don't get as much separation as I'd like.

Can anybody help me find lighter weight (165-168g) Vibram Lace Drivers?

I can't find them at any online retailer. I have e-mailed a few retailers and one brick-and-mortar shop, and annoyingly, have received less than helpful responses.

I'd really like to try this disc out, but I just can't find my weight anywhere! :thmbdown:

Can anybody help me find lighter weight (165-168g) Vibram Lace Drivers?

I can't find them at any online retailer. I have e-mailed a few retailers and one brick-and-mortar shop, and annoyingly, have received less than helpful responses.

I'd really like to try this disc out, but I just can't find my weight anywhere! :thmbdown:
I believe those were only added to the reseller orderform last Friday so it could possibly be another day or two for resellers who ordered Mon or later to receive them and get them on their sites.

Latest posts