• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Lace Official Announcement

gonna throw this for the first time this weekend in order to do a write up- can anyone offer insight as to if this is a flippy or stable version? it's 174M and orange on top, with mixed blue on bottom-

How did you get your hands on one of those already?? Release date is scheduled for November 23.
seems he is doing some sort of "review" on it? gotta have early access for that. I really want to get one of these. Hopefully it won't have the same inconsistencies people were seeming to have with the Volt. Would not like to get it hands on, and then see it flip over. Really hope its as described!

seems he is doing some sort of "review" on it? gotta have early access for that. I really want to get one of these. Hopefully it won't have the same inconsistencies people were seeming to have with the Volt. Would not like to get it hands on, and then see it flip over. Really hope its as described!

Oh okay that makes sense! In my experience with Vibram discs, they are very consistent and as-advertised. I expect the Lace to be no different!

I fondled but did not get to throw a Lace today. What really surprised me was the size of the rim. I haven't read much about it, so for some reason I expected more of a control driver but this looks like it should be much faster than that. I'm going to see if I can get an opportunity to throw it sometime soon (it's not mine though, so we'll see).

I'm about to go throw a 173M.
I like how it feels.

I really hope the Firms come out soon after the first release. I don't like Medium for driving. Hopefully the Pinnacle retailers for Vibram have first-run Firms!

I have a medium red proto that scales at 175 and it is my furthest and most consistently flying distance driver already. It hits way tighter lines than my Nukes do, so I am thinking that for me at least, the Lace may kick my Nukes out. Very excited here!

The hour draws near...

Mr. Dodge, what kind of weights are we looking at for these bad boys? I know some of my Ascents and Traks are mighty light...and I like that.

Initial release will be in X-Link Medium from 167-175 grams. We will be making lighter weights as we are able to build up some stock. X-Link Firms will be the same (coming out when we can build up stock).

Thanks! I had fun giving it a toss. Giveaway starts soon. I want to put this disc in someone's hands who will love it.

I "liked" your Facebook page and will keep my eyes peeled for that giveaway! Again, nice review on the Lace. We need more people like you who put time and effort into giving good reviews. Throw Vibram!

The Lace will be equivalent to the stable version which we sent to the testers. The flippy version was too flippy according to almost all of the testers. A huge thank you to the testers for your willingness to be brutally honest about how useless the flippy one was to you all. Your comments had an impact and we are crazy excited about the reactions from the testers who got the stable version. The vast majority said the disc would find a way into their bag!

I cannot speak for your testers, but I have never met a flippy disc I didn't love.
Is there some way I could get a flippy version?
PLEASE??????

I believe that there are more out there like me who scoff at all the high-powered stuff that gets thrown at us.
Give me something for my noodle arm, please.

I "liked" your Facebook page and will keep my eyes peeled for that giveaway! Again, nice review on the Lace. We need more people like you who put time and effort into giving good reviews. Throw Vibram!

I would like to second DiscJunkie's inquiry about the flippy version. I'm absolutely super excited about the regular stable version. If it's anything like what I hear, I am going to get one immediately. But if a flippy version exists, I would sure be interested in that as well. Will you be selling any of the "useless" testers as a limited test run or something? Or if you're just throwing them away, I'll gladly pay you to ship them to my garbage can. ;)

I would like to second DiscJunkie's inquiry about the flippy version. I'm absolutely super excited about the regular stable version. If it's anything like what I hear, I am going to get one immediately. But if a flippy version exists, I would sure be interested in that as well. Will you be selling any of the "useless" testers as a limited test run or something? Or if you're just throwing them away, I'll gladly pay you to ship them to my garbage can. ;)

I'm also in love with flippy big d drivers... I'm interested in a "useless" flippy driver... I have never thrown a Vibram, but I would love to give it a chance... let me know if and where I can buy one

^ I managed to buy a flippy proto from a tester, so there is that option. But I have a feeling that this understable version of the Lace will be the next release by Vibram, under a new name.

So i walked into my local Vibram disc retailer last night in the hopes to find a new Trak. Ran my hand across the discs to try and distinguish the rims since they were all jumbled together and pulled out a Lace!!!!!! Not sure how it managed to make its way into the rack but im sure glad it did. Its a xlink medium 171 in pink. Its kind of domey and SUPER tacky feeling. Flipped it over and has no numbers stamped on the back under the arrows.

^ I managed to buy a flippy proto from a tester, so there is that option. But I have a feeling that this understable version of the Lace will be the next release by Vibram, under a new name.

Good idea. Also, have you thrown it yet? What do you think?:popcorn:

Next disc should be a Vibram version of the Firebird/Predator called the Apex. Overstable control driver speed 9. That would be perfect.

Latest posts