• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Was anyone else on the course at New Years?

Jimb

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I just wondered if anyone else was out on the course when "the ball dropped." I was in the middle of my 2nd 9 at my home Dixie Lee DGC when the countdowns, fireworks and gun shots started going off.

I got a nice display of fireworks from some people in the adjacent develpment. I was a bit uneasy about the number of gunshots going off in surround sound all around me (it is rural WV, you know)! And the neighbors high-school daughter let out a "Happy New Years M*ther F*ckers!!!" I bet her parents were proud. :D Or maybe they weren't home?

Anyway, this was my first 2 disc/night/snow round that I've ever played. I shot 5 over for 18. All things considered, that wasn't too bad. If I get the heck off of here and go to bed I'm planning on hitting a course first thing in the morning. It's a new tradition for me. I was at Jumonville Glenn at 8:00 a.m. on New Years 2009 in the snow so why not keep it going?

Here's to a lot of great DG in 2010! Enjoy and be safe everyone.

Jim

I wasn't out on the course while the ball dropped, but I did get to play random draw doubles and finished the year on a really good round. I wish I could get out in the morning and play, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Where you on the course alone tonight? You should have yelled "Happy New Year!" back to the girl.

I wasn't out on the course while the ball dropped, but I did get to play random draw doubles and finished the year on a really good round. I wish I could get out in the morning and play, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Where you on the course alone tonight? You should have yelled "Happy New Year!" back to the girl.

Nice to end the year on a high note!

Yeah, I was alone. The course is on my property. I have 6 pin locations with 18 holes. Four baskets are in the ground and two more Insteps shipped yesterday so they should be placed next week.

And I did yell back "Hapy New Year to you!" I think that I freaked her out because I heard her saying something to some friends and then the front door slammed shut. :D

The gf and I are going to play in the snow tomorrow after we drop my mom off at the airport, didn't get out tonight though.

Wasn't on the course when the ball dropped, but played a round with some friends earlier today. Last round of the decade!

played 36 earlier today. witnessed a cubby skip ace on hole 3 at el dorado. pretty neat(way to go, Bill!:thmbup:). i cant think of a better way to finish out the year. :)

I played two nine hole courses this morning and had a great time. I had the courses all to myself and had a blast!!

played 36 earlier today. witnessed a cubby skip ace on hole 3 at el dorado. pretty neat(way to go, Bill!:thmbup:). i cant think of a better way to finish out the year. :)

You witnessed Cubby getting a skip ace or someone getting a cubby skip ace?:\:confused:

Would have loved to been on the course tonight. I am "working now" and spent my night taking care of patients in the hospital. However I don't work tonight and hope to do a little night discing with a near full moon. Can't wait!

My wife and I and two others played a round when the ball dropped. Started cat holow at 11pm and finished a little after 1am. Good times and great fireworks.

I was planning on being at the course still. Bought glow sticks for the baskets and actually played 'til about 10:30, then my girlfriend started to worry about our dogs (Boxer, Pug and two found female pit mixes). Our newest female pitty isn't quite a year old and we weren't sure how the gunfire would make her act. She just tried to squeeze her 60 pound body under our bed.
Soooo many idiots shooting into the air last night!

My wife and I and two others played a round when the ball dropped. Started cat holow at 11pm and finished a little after 1am. Good times and great fireworks.

Sweet!!! Mine was a solo round but being with freinds would have been great. And is yours the first answer of "yes" to my question? So far, I think that we're the only two who were on the course when it changed from 09 to 10.

I was planning on being at the course still. Bought glow sticks for the baskets and actually played 'til about 10:30, then my girlfriend started to worry about our dogs (Boxer, Pug and two found female pit mixes). Our newest female pitty isn't quite a year old and we weren't sure how the gunfire would make her act. She just tried to squeeze her 60 pound body under our bed.
Soooo many idiots shooting into the air last night!

Glad to hear the dogs were OK. And yeah, tell me about it. I was quite uncomforatable in the woods around my house when I heard shots coming from every direction. It was weird!

(Quoted from my own post.) And is yours the first answer of "yes" to my question? So far, I think that we're the only two who were on the course when it changed from 09 to 10.

guess I am

So all of the other people on this sight are just fair weather dg'ers, huh? :D:):p

Just making sure that everyone knows that I'm kidding. I was on the course, alone, becuase my wife and daughter were in bed and I have no other friends. ;)

Wasn't on the course when the ball hit New Years, but went out New Year morning to play, managed 3 holes before mother nature sent me a sign to head home. Light rain when I arrived, turned to very heavy rain, turned to lightning crashing down. I hope it's not a sign of how 2010 is gonna go lol

Myself and 2 buds hit the New Years Day round.
Extremely windy and cold (for this part of the country).
We will prolly make it a tradition and call it the Black-eye Pea Invitational!

My buddy and I made it out New Years Day before the real cold hit the next day. Much fun ensued. :D