• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Went back to a very newb pice of advice

Monkeypaws

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
from a long forgotten video tutorial.

My form was all over the place earlier this year; been playing 11 years but got to the point where I had no idea where my shot was going, with many pulled way out to left field (lefty backhand).

First, I simplified my run up, which helped.

The real improvement in aim and consistency was how I gripped the disc: I lay it along the life line of my palm before gripping every shot, instead of haphazardly gripping it as I used to. I also keep my wrist as flat as possible, and get a good flat reach-back.

This repaired nose up angle issues, as well as griplock, which were my two main issues. It also has increased distance.

To each their own, but of all my trials and errors, this one has remained a consistent improvement, going on a month now.

I did very much the same thing. Line the disc along the life line, thumb on the outside edge of the disc to (hopefully) keep the nose down. Also straightened out my runup. It's still a 5-step throw, but I'm starting straight at my line instead of off the back right corner (RHBH). I'm hitting gaps again as intended, instead of how a bird hits a window.

Latest posts