• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Longbowman

... clearly a "first run" and we all know that FR Trilogy discs can end up being more or less stable the the follow up runs for some reason.
^This can be said of any mold from any manufacturer about any run compared to any other run "C'monsmiley*

I picked up a flat blue VIP @ 171 and threw it against a seasoned champ FB and seasoned pat# S-PD. My initial impression is the turn of a slightly faster EX, less HSS than my S-PD, but at 350'+ where a champ eagle will straighten out the 'bowman fades similar to my seasoned FB. I could see the LB being a workable s-curver after the typical radical Lat64 HSS loss after a short time, beat in period... or just get a TP.

Anyone bag a heavy and lightweight longbowman? Just wondering if there is any considerable difference in their flights...

I have beaten my Long bowman into such an amazing disc. It can handle my full power and just holds straight for 325' and then still will fade hard right. Sort of like a teebird, but a harder fade.

I have beaten my Long bowman into such an amazing disc. It can handle my full power and just holds straight for 325' and then still will fade hard right. Sort of like a teebird, but a harder fade.

That is great to hear. What discs beats into is of immense intererest to me, and I could definitely see this - only thrown my Longbowman 20 times or so, but it got lost is the confusion fog of discs: definitlely headwind friendly.

I beat my Culverin into a Teebird, would like to do the same with this.

Longbowmen have not left my bag since the TPs came out. My beat up TP has become one of the most valuable discs in my bag.

My beat up TP is like a perfectly seasoned beefy TB in regard to the HSS and has a big forward fade like a PD or Rival. The fade on it is enough to still be reliable, but it far from dumps. My fresh VIP is very reliable. Primarily use it for straight to fade, wind, and FHs that I don't need a Felon/ XXX/ FB.

For me and the discs I own they fly nice out of the box, but their real potential comes alive once they beat in. And they fit my hand like they were made for it.

Im always surprised this mold doesn't get talked about more on here. People wanted a TB in Lat plastic and at least for me this is it.

I really don't understand why this mold doesn't get more love. This is the disc of the year for me personally.

I got TP Longbowman and it is stable. I throw it on a slight hyser and it flips up to go into a sligth anhyser in quite high winds 5-10 m/s and then still fights out of it. I love it.
It will probably take over my saint pro spot. As I get alot of turn out of it even though it do fight back. I got a pre Johnee Saint Pro.

Last edited:
I really don't understand why this mold doesn't get more love. This is the disc of the year for me personally.

I do agree. Last year it was the Scale. This year has been the Longbowman.

Asker: Out of the 4 LBM I have, the only one that flips is my beat up TP. It only does max 8 to 9 flip. It does drift, but it is like a beat TB drift. The ones I have are line holders. The St Pros I had held a line out of the box, they beat in to line shapers.

FWIW my sample size is small, 4 discs.

So I was really liking the longbowman quite a bit for OS approach fairway shots. However, as it has beaten to be straighter I've been using it drastically less. My biggest negative to this disc is that it doesn't have enough glide. If it glided better it would be on of my favorite discs. However, it just doesn't have enough carry for the shots the disc beats into. I've been considering adding the recycled spark into the bag.

So I was really liking the longbowman quite a bit for OS approach fairway shots. However, as it has beaten to be straighter I've been using it drastically less. My biggest negative to this disc is that it doesn't have enough glide. If it glided better it would be on of my favorite discs. However, it just doesn't have enough carry for the shots the disc beats into. I've been considering adding the recycled spark into the bag.

What plastic? My flat VIP Long Bowman is like a Firebird. Its basically new though. I can't imagine it losing that much fade though. My TP Long Bowman started out noticeably straighter.

VIP. I mean, its still OS, even had a slight turn when thrown full torque. However, I wish I had more glide. I guess I'm just looking for a disc to replace my Saint Pro slot. The bowman probably isn't it. I want to get away from the Saint Pro because they are wildly inconsistent, and become unreliable after a month or so.

Convict or Recycled Spark? I have not thrown any of them myself so not sure.

I've tried to get some feedback on the Convict but apparently nodody on DGCR has thrown them yet.

I've thrown the convict. I thought it was nice, but nothing amazing. Little to much flip out of the box.

VIP. I mean, its still OS, even had a slight turn when thrown full torque. However, I wish I had more glide. I guess I'm just looking for a disc to replace my Saint Pro slot. The bowman probably isn't it. I want to get away from the Saint Pro because they are wildly inconsistent, and become unreliable after a month or so.

Try the GL Culverin, I use both the Longbowman and Culverin, Longbowman for controlled shorter throws and Culverin when I want more glide and distance. A beat GL Culverin is imho great for filling the Saint Pro slot if you think the Longbowman lacks glide.

Of the two I'd say the Longbowman has been the most important add to my bag this year and I agree with previous posts that it's talked about less than it deserves!

I've thrown the convict. I thought it was nice, but nothing amazing. Little to much flip out of the box.

Less stable than the Long Bowman? I'm glad I didn't wait for the Convict then.

Pretty much agree with all that's been said recently.

StPro is highly inconsistent mold. However, I kinda like it cause I can cover everything from flippy to slightly OS with it.

The Culverin is what StPro wanted to be. It is the Trilogy Thunderbird. Especially in GL it is glidey and OS. Mold of the year, IMHO.

Longbowman is slightly more OS, slower and less glidey than Culverin. I think it could work for true power throwers like Gibson, who can trust it and still get it to go far.

Convict is a bit of an odd bird. It is OS, but still doesn't handle headwind all that well. Haven't thrown it in a while so it could be better than I remember.

The Longbowman kicked out the SaintPro, the Culverin and the Riot for me. My TP flew pretty much exactly the same as the opto Culverin. What I like most is its reliability. Especially in wind.

Latest posts