• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Longbowman

I wanted the longbowman to become an OS teebird, and it is, only for me, A LOT less glide. Which is why I've thrown it less.

My OS TBs are Brinsters. The VIP Longbowmen I have, all 173g Aquas, fly like Brinsters that are flat. LBM might have a bit more fade, but the HSS is there. The Glide/ carry from the LBM is where I want it. Super easy to range.

We need recycled LBM.

I keep forgetting how great this disc is.
I don't throw it all the time, but when I finally do, I always ask myself why I don't use it more often.

I've found the current stock stamp convicts to be a longer teebird. Really have been liking it. It beat the GL spark, however, the Longbowman handles forehands a bit better.

I've found the current stock stamp convicts to be a longer teebird. Really have been liking it. It beat the GL spark, however, the Longbowman handles forehands a bit better.

So what you say is the main difference between the Bowman and the Convict?

So what you say is the main difference between the Bowman and the Convict?

Convict is faster with a little more glide. Little less OS. Very different from the first run fundraiser convicts. Seems like they tweaked the mold/plastic to make is a little more OS.

Picked up this pink VIP with a sparkly stamp today. Little more stable than my other VIP one.

Attachments

• IMG_20161105_180836.jpg
    IMG_20161105_180836.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 38
I never clicked with the Longbowman. I'd much rather throw a Thunderbird, Culverin, Felon or one of my Cal TeeBirds.

To each their own. I just prefer the feel of the rim and vip plastic. I tried the thunderbird but prefered the longbowman.

Picked up this pink VIP with a sparkly stamp today. Little more stable than my other VIP one.

Nice looking piece of plastic.
How flat is it?

I had mentioned this earlier in this thread, but there seems to be some differences in PLH and how flat they are.

I have an early one that is pretty flat, and very stable/OS
So I wanted to get more in our FR order, but they are not as flat, and you can really tell the difference in the stability.

Still a great disc, I usually throw the custom stamped FR one, and save the beefier one for when I need the beef.

I have a flat VIP that is almost a Firebird.

Nice looking piece of plastic.
How flat is it?

I had mentioned this earlier in this thread, but there seems to be some differences in PLH and how flat they are.

I have an early one that is pretty flat, and very stable/OS
So I wanted to get more in our FR order, but they are not as flat, and you can really tell the difference in the stability.

Still a great disc, I usually throw the custom stamped FR one, and save the beefier one for when I need the beef.

It's a board, but oddly not firebird level stability. But really close.

It's a great mold to cycle and use in different plastics. I could see it in the future filling most of my control drivers slots. At least OS to Stable.

Completely agreeded, I think I'm going to start cycling 3 longbowmans in my bag. Two vip one tournament. 1 really overstable vip for forehands and utility. A less stable vip for most backhands and less stable forehands. And a tp for straighter more glidy shots and flex shots.

I wonder if I can beat in a TP Bowman enough to knock out my more stable escapes.

I've really been trying to get the longbowman out of bag. However, as it has broken in I've actually been enjoying it more! Great for chip shot flicks, and distance control hyzers. Its basically a step down in stability from the Felon.

the tooling on the underwing (rim) has a half bead. this makes it release well, adding to the forgiveness of the disc.