• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Longbowman

Got my pink TP today. Max weight and nice and flat. Wind is insane today and I have errands to run,but Im excited to se how it flies. Handfeel is great on these,much less sharp than the VIP in regards to flashing.

You must've gotten a freak. There is no way even a TP Bowman will flip on you on a 280' hole unless you OAT the living crrp out of it. :gross:

Like I said earlier, I threw a 169g TP past 300' on a line drive with just a hint of turn and a very solid fade at the end.

The TP and VIP are different beasts! I threw that first throw on a 280' hole expecting the same OS flight as the VIP and just DID NOT get it. I did give it a bit of anny (expecting the fade) but it just never really fought. It flattened out at the end, but that was it. I gave it about 75% power on a flex line and it just held.

Not a bad thing at all! It will be workable for many more lines than a VIP - which is much more OS - but they do not fly the same at all. The TP is considerably more understable and flies quite a bit longer. When throwing each in the field on flat, full power releases, the VIP gets the very slightest bit of turn, a long straight flight, then a strong fade. The TP turns about 15-20 degrees, holds straight, then flattens out and finishes with a mild fade about 40-50'' past.

I'd put it like this:

VIP: Fresh DX Eagle
TP: Champ Valkyrie

The TP and VIP are different beasts!
I'd put it like this:

VIP: Fresh DX Eagle
TP: Champ Valkyrie
I fully agree that the two are different, just not THAT different.

Have you thrown more than one TP Bowman? Was it windy? How far do you throw them?

I fully agree that the two are different, just not THAT different.

Have you thrown more than one TP Bowman? Was it windy? How far do you throw them?

Excellent point, I have only thrown one TP and two VIP. It was mildly windy the first day I threw the TP and yesterday was pretty calm. Once I realized the difference in stability, I was getting the VIP about 300' average (longest measured at 325') and the TP about 320-330' average (longest measured at 350')

Mine might just be a freaky understable TP Bowman, but the thing definitely has much more lateral movement. The VIP hooks up for a strong fade and good skip on short grass/dry ground. The TP flexes right (RHBH) a considerable amount more and ends up coming back with a very slight fade, only lading about 15 degrees off from flat.

Note: These field tests were done trying to keep the disc less than 15' off the ground with a flat, full power release yesterday in calm conditions.

So is this disc closer to a Banshee or a Teebird?

Surprised to see how much hype this disc is getting right off the release. Time will tell.

Would love to see Westside introduce an amazing mold that sets a new benchmark.

I always thought the world kind of did that, but was really geared towards big accurate arms. And because of that never got the fame it deserved.

Surprised to see how much hype this disc is getting right off the release. Time will tell.

Would love to see Westside introduce an amazing mold that sets a new benchmark.

I always thought the world kind of did that, but was really geared towards big accurate arms. And because of that never got the fame it deserved.

The Longbowman is a great disc. That is why it is getting so much attention. It fills a fairly empty spot in the Trilogy lineup as well. Culverin fits there too, but the Longbowman is way cooler ;)

Before I pull the trigger on this any pics of what the dome looks like like?

Just so I don't get too depressed thinking the dome will look as good as my thunderbird, saint pro etc..

Latest posts