• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Westside Swan 2

onemilemore

* Ace Member *
After becoming intrigued by the Westside Swan 2, I thought it might be nice to have a dedicated thread. There is already some information available in the "Westside questions" thread, but it is pretty spread out. I figured if MVP can have a separate thread for each disc, then so can Westside.

So, what are people's impressions with the disc? I have one on the way in the mail, and I am excited about it. I am hearing the grip is similar to a Lat 64 Pure, but it is a straighter flyer. Sounds like a good mix.

Let's hear your thoughts on the Swan 2...

it is very pure like. low profile and flat. they changed the original swan to the swan 2 to be a little less stable than it was. the new swan 2 has kind of a magnet/concave wing almost. the flight is much closer to a pure now. the original swans were a tad more stable than the pure. good discs.

Yep, it has the same plastic feel as the zeroline from Latitude 64 -- soft chalky feel and pliable but not floppy flightplate. The general shape is very similar to the Pure, but to me it looks a fraction taller. The Pure is a very straight flyer. The Swan 2 is slightly understable, meaning it will turn slightly right if thrown flat RHBH. This makes it useful for upshots for me since I prefer to throw it on a slight hyzer and it will land pretty flat (no roll). Otherwise it's a very good general use putter. I rotate it out with some other putters I've been testing (ridge and clutch), but overall, I'd say it's a good design.

Seems like production has slowed down and not many colors are left. I got mine quite some time back in a bright yellow. Not for sale though. :)

discnation has some reds but not sure about oonline stock. check marshall street,they have both swans.

I think Disc Nation has only the Swan 1. Marshall Street looks to have orange, white, and light blue, as does Disc Outfitters. I think DGC had just orange and white.

I apparently need to do something else with my day than compare colors at various disc golf retailers.

I plan on picking up a pair of whites to try as well. I'll post my results once I've thoroughly tested.

From PDGA:
Diam: Pure 21.2 Swan 21.1
Height: P 1.8 S 1.9
Rim Depth: P 1.4 S 1.4
Rim Thick; P 1.0 S 1.1
Rim Depth to Diam: P 6.6 S 6.6
Flex: P 6.69 S 7.82

it is very pure like. low profile and flat. they changed the original swan to the swan 2 to be a little less stable than it was. the new swan 2 has kind of a magnet/concave wing almost. the flight is much closer to a pure now. the original swans were a tad more stable than the pure. good discs.

Opposite. I've been throwing both as main putters for several weeks now and the Swan 1 is less stable than the Swan 2, but almost imperceptibly. Neither fades as much as a Pure. Both glide way more. Swan 2 rim is VERY slightly deeper than the Swan 1. I don't really like beads, so the Swan 1 fit my style better.

I guess I wasn't imagining that the S2 was slightly taller than the Pure. Very nice glide for a putter.

The orange and white swan2 are a little softer than the blue or black. I Use orange for ups and black for putts. And yes my two black swans are natalie and mila. The light blues actually look pretty cool. I now have 2 black 5 blue 2 orange, and 2 white. Great putter nobody knows about. If ya like stiff putters check out legacys new clutch similar to a swan2 in kc pro ish plastic.

The orange and white swan2 are a little softer than the blue or black. I Use orange for ups and black for putts. And yes my two black swans are natalie and mila. The light blues actually look pretty cool. I now have 2 black 5 blue 2 orange, and 2 white. Great putter nobody knows about. If ya like stiff putters check out legacys new clutch similar to a swan2 in kc pro ish plastic. None of my swan 2 have a bead . Think low shouldered magnet

The orange and white swan2 are a little softer than the blue or black. I Use orange for ups and black for putts. And yes my two black swans are natalie and mila. The light blues actually look pretty cool. I now have 2 black 5 blue 2 orange, and 2 white. Great putter nobody knows about. If ya like stiff putters check out legacys new clutch similar to a swan2 in kc pro ish plastic. None of my swan 2 have a bead . Think low shouldered magnet

Can I ask where you got the darker colors? I've been calling around and nobody seems to have any other than lt. blue, orange and white

Just picked up a blue and a white from Disc Outfitters. Anyone know how long they take to ship usually?

I looked on every other site I could think of, and nothing in the darker colors...

I bought the last 2 black that dynamic discs had. Seems like discovering the world gets alot of the lat64/westside stuff first but last time i checked (about a month ago it was white and orange only). Dynamic has a photo of a pink one but not availible as an option

Latest posts