• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What angle do you putt at?

What angle do you putt at?

• Anhyzer

Votes: 14 7.5%
  • Flat

Votes: 112 59.9%
  • hyzer

Votes: 61 32.6%

• Total voters

NSDallin

Birdie Member
Simple question. On a flatland no frills 20 ft putt, do you putt anhyzer, flat, or hyzer? what's your reasoning behind your angle?

I putt hyzer (RH), I really try to putt flat but have trouble breaking habits.

I focus extra on putting flat in crosswinds especially Right to Left.

I would say the only downside to putting flat is if you are off on angle maybe more likely to miss left or right.

Flat, and it took a ton of work. A lot of toying with foot placement, delivery, and follow through.

It's always a work in progress.

You left out some choices. I selected hyzer, because in regular conditions at 20' and in, I'm gonna putt Hyzer. But as a push (loft) putter, I will go flat, and even occasionally anhyzer in certain winds, from 20-35'.

I try for flat, but if I err, it will be a slight hyzer.
Flat putts have a better chance of going in.
In my experience, flat putts will hit more chains, they have a smaller cross-section for crosswinds, and will have fewer cut-throughs.

You left out some choices. I selected hyzer, because in regular conditions at 20' and in, I'm gonna putt Hyzer. But as a push (loft) putter, I will go flat, and even occasionally anhyzer in certain winds, from 20-35'.

I said no frills which means no wind. So you putt hyzer

Flat.

More glide than hyzer, more predictable than anhyzer, better at fighting the wind in most cases than either.

I'll angle it when I need to, but for the putt you described flat all day.

wide open no wind, I will putt with a very slight hyzer. When the wind is up, I try to keep it flat, maybe even a touch of anny for a R-L crosswind.

At 20' it probably doesn't matter how I putt. For longer putts I use a little anhyzer to keep it straight. I voted anhyzer because I try to putt the same way as much as possible. 20' and in, though, I can get sloppy.

I used to putt with hyzer, but I am now really working on a consistent flat release. Definitely gives me better results.

as flat as I can manage for this particular scenario.

From 20, zipline, center chains, trying to hit that red tape on the pole, hyzer is not for the wiser in this range.

I use a flat spin putt that way my motion is the same from 10ft to 60ft with added speed for the further distances.

I putt flat because in theory that gives the disc the least likelihood of missing, since it will follow a dead straight line the entire flight.

I put a good amount of hyzer on all of my putts but I don't push it out to hyzer into the chains I blast it at the strong side. If you have ever seen footage of Matt Bell putting in a tournament that probably the closest though he straddles out wider than I do.

Currently, slight hyzer, aiming a little right of center, RHBH.

I was having inconsistencies putting flat and have been trying the hyzer release recently. It's still a work in progress, but results have been very promising thus far.

It seems to be increasing my range with a more repeatable motion. It also seems to be more consistent when I have to change from my normal slightly staggered stance, to a straddle putt.

Last edited: