• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are the biggest Disc Golf College towns?

What about Bowling Green, KY? Being from the region, I've always thought of BG as a college town, with WKU being there.

A college town to me is a city whose population has a fairly large increase when college is in session. I think BG goes between 40K out of session to 55K when school is in session.

you play with bennett a good bit right? we need to get up sometime and sling them around.. i play seneca and walhalla all the time but get out to timmons and century park some sundays.. im also looking for a partner for the sc doubles if you know anyone wanting to play INT:thmbup:

Yeah, I play with Bennett quite a bit. I'm always way too hungover to be playing as early as he does on the weekends, though. Afternoon round Sunday?

Yeah, I play with Bennett quite a bit. I'm always way too hungover to be playing as early as he does on the weekends, though. Afternoon round Sunday?

yeah im down brotha for sure.. where you thinking? hell just shoot me a pm if you want we can figure it all out but yeah im always down

Bowling Green KY has a pretty large dg population. Never played a course there where there wasn't at least a handful of groups playing, and they have some great courses with holler in the hills just 20 minutes away

Of the college towns I'm familiar with (Gainesville and Tallahassee, FL, Athens, GA and Auburn, AL), I'd have to say Tallahassee wins. Every time I visit their courses are crawling with players from FSU and TCC (Tallahassee Community College).

Have any of us really traveled enough to know the true answer to this question?

Nope, but everyone and their mom knows u of m is a good school in all aspects. It has tons of surrounding courses and established clubs. You can attend a leauge every. Day of the week and glow a few times as well. There's even an extremely close 9'r that promotes glow. Plus the town itself is cool and easy going.

Nope, but everyone and their mom knows u of m is a good school in all aspects. It has tons of surrounding courses and established clubs. You can attend a leauge every. Day of the week and glow a few times as well. There's even an extremely close 9'r that promotes glow. Plus the town itself is cool and easy going.

Plus Ypsi is right next door with 2 great courses (plus 2 crappy ones :(), and another D1 college (Eastern MI).

Nope, but everyone and their mom knows u of m is a good school in all aspects.
I don't, and neither does my mom.

It has tons of surrounding courses and established clubs. You can attend a leauge every. Day of the week and glow a few times as well.
:)
When your course count shows you've at least left your home state and have some frame of reference, Ill put a little stock into that. Now matter how green the grass may be at home, you don't know where its greenest until you've been to the other side.

Until then, this thread is largely another version of "where do you live?".

One nine hole course in the city yet they are the National Collegiate Champs.
UofO, Eugene, OR.

Dave Feldberg went to U of O and coaches their team. Also, there is a new private course in town, Dexter is just east of town, and the Grove is just south. I haven't played the new course, but Dexter and The Grove are fantastic.

Dave Feldberg went to U of O and coaches their team. Also, there is a new private course in town, Dexter is just east of town, and the Grove is just south. I haven't played the new course, but Dexter and The Grove are fantastic.

Welcome to DGCR. Unless I am unaware, the pvt. course has been pulled.
But you're right The Grove and Dexter are indeed fantastic. Not to mention......oh hells they don't need mentioning.

Welcome to DGCR. Unless I am unaware, the pvt. course has been pulled.
But you're right The Grove and Dexter are indeed fantastic. Not to mention......oh hells they don't need mentioning.

Yeah, I believe the private course at the New Hope Christian College was pulled, with the idea of moving it to a different part of their property.

I'd also definitely vote for Eugene as possibly the biggest disc golf 'college town'. Ultimate Frisbee is huge here, as well. Oregon itself is also per-capita the #1 state for 1000+ rated professional players. ;)

St. Cloud, MN has over 150 holes within 15 miles of St. Cloud State University, including a very nice course right across the Mississippi River. Their courses include Riverside (4.03 rated), Calvary (3.58), Millstream (3.5), Northside (3.5) and the highest rated local course, Hidden Lake (4.25).

While I do think being a disc golfer in the St. Cloud area is a great thing, is St. Cloud really a "college town" by the way some have defined the term? I'm not saying SCSU ISN'T a big party of this area(I believe it is the second largest public college in the state) but I don't really see St. Cloud as a college town.

Now if you want to talk about the St. Cloud area and say the St. Joseph/Collegeville area is one of the best "College town" areas you might have a decent point considering its so close to many great central Minnesota courses. However as an honest central Minnesota resident, I can't really call the bulk of St. Cloud outside of the Campus of SCSU and the downtown bars as a college town.

Not only is Ames a complete college town, the two courses are pretty much on campus(both were used in '04 Worlds). Also, 20 minutes south is the Mecca that is Des Moines.

I don't, and neither does my mom.

:)
When your course count shows you've at least left your home state and have some frame of reference, Ill put a little stock into that. Now matter how green the grass may be at home, you don't know where its greenest until you've been to the other side.

Until then, this thread is largely another version of "where do you live?".

While I wholeheartedly agree with you, I'm a lil saddened. I've always looked at your posts as very logical and reasonable but I'm having a hard time believing that you've never heard of the university of michigan. They have one of the countrys leading hospitals and research centers as well as being a big ten school.

Also, I don't live in aa, I live in a boring town just outside of detroit. Ann arbor is where the cool kids are from ;)

Latest posts