• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are the biggest Disc Golf College towns?

University of Oregon, University of California Monterey Bay, and University of California Santa Cruz are three that come to mind on the West Coast.

Ann Arbor MI. (UofM)

BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
go_spartans_screw_the_blue_bumper_sticker-p128870129812011059trl0_400.jpg

^He is not being weird, he is saying that it would be hard for you to interpret what a good disc golf scene is if you have only seen one. We have leagues every night of the week in Los Angeles, but that doesn't make this a 'great place for dg.' I mean it is, but it is nowhere near one of the best.

How many college campus courses have a 30 minute wait as the norm for the course? No course can touch the traffic at Carroll Marty. The question was disc golf population.

How many college campus courses have a 30 minute wait as the norm for the course? No course can touch the traffic at Carroll Marty. The question was disc golf population.

maybe it just takes long to play and groups aren't very friendly and inviting. :|

BG has to be top five. With WKU there and what 9 or 10 courses with in 10 miles of each other.

maybe it just takes long to play and groups aren't very friendly and inviting. :|
Carroll Marty is fun, but it's not horribly difficult and it doesn't really take that long to play unless you spend a lot off the fairway on the wooded holes. IIRC, it wasn't used for Pro Worlds, just the AM's played there. It just happens to be one of two courses in the college town of a division I school (25k+ students) that also happens to be withing walking distance of a couple of the dorms. One of those dorms also happens to be one of the largest in the country (Friley Hall). Add in that Iowa is already a big disc golf state and you end up with a really popular course.

I can't actually speak for what the general "vibe" is of the groups that play there, though. I've only played a few times, never when I was in college and always when the course wasn't very busy.

30min sounds about right. thats what it was like in my day there ('03 to '05). Nice thing though is that Stable Run is just down the road and doesnt get as much chucker traffic. and if you have a car youre in short striking distance of alot of great courses.

groups are very friendly. Iowa was one of the best communities of DGers Ive ever encountered. its been apart of their world for alot longer than most and the outside community doesnt hate on them. i played my best golf there cause that vibe was great.

Carroll Marty is fun, but it's not horribly difficult and it doesn't really take that long to play unless you spend a lot off the fairway on the wooded holes. IIRC, it wasn't used for Pro Worlds, just the AM's played there. It just happens to be one of two courses in the college town of a division I school (25k+ students) that also happens to be withing walking distance of a couple of the dorms. One of those dorms also happens to be one of the largest in the country (Friley Hall). Add in that Iowa is already a big disc golf state and you end up with a really popular course.

I can't actually speak for what the general "vibe" is of the groups that play there, though. I've only played a few times, never when I was in college and always when the course wasn't very busy.

Am's played Carroll, Pro's play ISU(designed by DGCR's very own, Cydisc).

Latest posts