• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are the not popular molds in your area?

curveball4

* Ace Member *
I guess I want to know what disc(s) you pull out & people have no clue what it is. For me it would be the Diamond. Everybody asks what it is & 99% of them have never heard of it. When I had a Glide it was the same way. What do you throw that make people take a second look??

This. Its older than some people throwing right now!

picture.php

Discmania PD. As far as I know I'm the only golfer in my area who uses them.

They're fairly common in my area and I sometimes throw them.

My area, Bowling Green, has a fairly solid mix of molds being thrown with Innova, Discraft, and Gateway sponsored players all living here. For the most part though, I rarely see anyone throwing Gateway drivers. Only know one person that throws an Assassin but besides that, they are few and far between.

The one mold that I continuously pull out and people still are confused about is the Condor. They don't even have to say anything, the look says it all.

Latitude pure. Got a lot of people throwing lat plastic. But nobody uses their putters. Get a lot of "what is that?" when they pull it out of the basket followed by. "Man that feels really nice."

Discraft isn't big time in Tejas. If Discraft doesn't care, we don't either.

i see a lot of discraft in denton and at lake park. i see more buzzzes than rocs

Lots of people that I have played with still don't recognize the wedge.
*Side note: the wedge is awesome.

This. Its older than some people throwing right now!

picture.php

I have one of those! Yellow/green without the stamp. Might have been a prototype or something. It was originally owned by Rob Strelou, I think. I found it 15 years ago in PA and tracked him down through the PDGA search engine (not very easy back then). He never got back to me...Rob, you still out there? It technically is still yours, but I think at this point it might have transfered ownership through some kind of law or something!

nobody at the 2 courses I go to recognize my MVP discs. They usually take them as gimmicks till they throw them, then their minds are quickly changed.

In my area of its mostly Innova, with a few players throwing Discraft and really not much else.I only know of one other person that throws Lat and I've never seen anyone throwing Gateway.

Everyone I play with normally know I'm a big MVP guy so they don't question me, but when I'm out and random people see me throwing my ions 3bills+ they always ask what disc it was.

Latitude pure. Got a lot of people throwing lat plastic. But nobody uses their putters. Get a lot of "what is that?" when they pull it out of the basket followed by. "Man that feels really nice."

I get the same thing here in TX

My whole bag. Ions, Axis, Summits, Fuses, Pains all get WTH looks from most people. If it's not Innova or Discraft, it's pretty unknown in my area. Back when I first started, that last sentence would have just said Innova but Discraft is slowly creeping in.

lots of D bag kids with tie dye boss' and beasts here that arent regulars at leagues and tourneys, never seen so many goddam beasts lol

Most people in my area know DGA since we are so close to their headquarters. But when I was in Augusta for Collegiate Nationals my teammates and I kept getting asked, "What kinda Roc is that?", when in fact we all were throwing Aftershocks and Shockwaves. Great underrated discs in my opinion!

Latest posts