• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What can I do?

myroomisajunkyard

Bogey Member
I'm in a bind. I played a couple of rounds at a park, had a smile mark on my discs many locals knows that I mark it that way. And one day I threw and couldn't find my buzzz ss and been looking for it all week and a friend told me it was being sold on eBay. Just a few day after I lost it and I've been driving back and forth to the park looking for it and never gave up looking. I messages the guy and asked if I could get it back. He said it was sold. I asked nicely if he could let the buyer know that he was selling my disc or I can reimburse the seller for the costs. He refused. Found he's a member on dgcr as well under the screen name dlazmdm. It was
My favorite disc. If somebody bought that disc I would gladly buy it back. Link to eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Discraft-Bu...431?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41792969c7

I hope I could acquire it back and I think that seller was shady. And heard through others that he had declined few others with their names marked on the disc and sold it regardless. So what's my best bet. Went to the police as well but apparently isn't much help. Should I take it in my own hands?
Thanks

I have to laugh over how bent out of shape people get over a $15 disc. You lost the disc and had no real info on it. You are SOL. Go buy another and move on.

The seller sounds shady, but whining isn't going to solve it

As much as I hate seeing peopl resell found plastic on eBay, if you didnt have your name and number on the disc there is nothing that can be done. A smileyface just isnt really enough to prove it is yours. Put yourself in the sellers shoes. Someone contacts you about a disc you are selling on eBay and says that it is theirs becuase of the smiley face. To me thats not enough to make me believe that it is someones disc. If that was really the case then I would start messaging a lot of people on eBay and and for my disc back because I lost a disc that is the same color, stamp color and wieght they are selling.

Alright thanks. But putting my name and number isn't gonna make any difference. I've seen all names being sharpied over. Hence a little mysterious mark would typically be ignored making it easier to find if somebody found it. Alright how do I take this post down since it's pretty irrelevant anymore.

I checked out the link and picture in said link. I saw nothing resembling a smiley face on the disc. Didn't see where one may have been, but not is gone. You sure about this being "the" disc and not one that looks like the one you lost? Just sayin, slander isn't a fun game if you're wrong. Especially since you called out someone that is on this forum and put his name on blast on here.

best bet-go buy a new one, and put your NAME and PHONE # on it
^This. If you really like it and think it will be hard to replace, include "Reward if returned to..."

A few things that might help in the future:

* Throw the brightest colored discs available; they're easier to find when thrown in the rough.
* Don't throw into the rough (in other words, keep practicing).
* Don't throw multiple discs from the tee; it's easy to forget and leave one in the fairway.
* Put your name and number on your discs and hope for the best.

I understand being upset about losing your #1 disc; it bites, but it happens, and it will happen again if you keep playing. Minimize your risk.

Writing a girl's name next your phone number will generally ensure a call back. ;)

Sucks dude. But....like ppl say...it IS a 15 piece of plastic...now...I agree....some discs are more meaningful than that. and you have favorites and special ones and home-dyed, or whatever...

I feel your pain...Ouch! Oh wait...I just stopped on a staple...ok, well, i get that

Writing a girl's name next your phone number will generally ensure a call back. ;)

Especially if you ad the phrase "For a Good Time Call...." ahead of that name & number.

Then when you get your disc back explain to them that the disc's name is 'Sharona' and invite them to throw a round with you and guarantee them that they will have a good time playing DG. :D

I checked out the link and picture in said link. I saw nothing resembling a smiley face on the disc. Didn't see where one may have been, but not is gone. You sure about this being "the" disc and not one that looks like the one you lost? Just sayin, slander isn't a fun game if you're wrong. Especially since you called out someone that is on this forum and put his name on blast on here.

Not "slander".

Latest posts