• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what disc/plastic needs to be made?

BIG MACK

Birdie Member
What disc, plastic or technology needs to be made still? Personally, I wish that Innova would come out with an overstable midrange that gets more distance than the Gator (without having to hunt and pay for exclusive Rocs). Is there a throw niche that hasn't been filled yet? What's missing from the Innova, Discraft, Millenium, Gateway disc offerings?

Innova needs to make:
Discraft needs to make:
Millenium needs to make:
Gateway needs to make:

Non disc related...I also thought a disc golf bag with a camelbak option would be cool, too.

I wish something like the Polaris LS or Gazelle was made in premium plastic, but also retained the flight properties of the base plastic counterpart. I hope Mill also puts out a more overstable long driver.

On the purely superficial level, EVERYONE needs to make more black/smoke colored putters.

On the equipment front (and I've said this before) I would love to see someone like Wingnut make a durable canvas bag in the shape of the old city cube/Lightning large lite. I like to be able to store a bunch of discs in a cube-ish shape, but not have all the added bulk of huge end and side pockets. In fact I honestly wish a good messenger bag company like Timbuk2 would make a disc bag like this. I do like what Wingnut has done with the 'nutSack, but I would like something to hold all my in-use discs. Most of the general bag styles from company to company follow similar design styles and none of them really do it for me (other than the cube, but the construction isn't the greatest).

Innova needs to make: nothing really, between Innova, millenium and Discmania they cover a lot
Discraft needs to make: long range drivers that are useful and something to replace the X pred
Millenium needs to make: the JLF a regular run disc and a pred like disc
Gateway needs to make: drivers that don't suck

For me it's not so much what they should make as much as what they shouldn't. I wish they would stop making so many discs that overlap. I have a hard time not buying the new discs just to try them out (even though i know I don't need them).

That said, I kind of like having a mixed bag so i don't want every company to have the same product line.

mzuleger said:
For me it's not so much what they should make as much as what they shouldn't. I wish they would stop making so many discs that overlap.

The market is flooded with so many molds, especially from Innova and Discraft (unless they keep cutting molds). It is hard for a beginner (heck, for anyone) to decide what to try. Even with internet guidance from forums you always have people recommending something that may be really good, but not necessarily the absolute best for you. This is one reason I've switched most of my bag to Mill. With mostly Innova I was always second guessing whether I should have gazelles, teebirds or Eagles in my control slot or Valks vs. Orcs in my distance slot. I just got sick of the neurotic obsessing about one mold over another.

Innova needs to make: A longer Firebird
Discraft needs to make: A more stable XL (or bring it out of retirment)
Millenium needs to make: A faster, very overstable driver
Gateway needs to make: A Hybrid with more turn

Unfortunately for us Mack living in Denver it is different and not going to happen.....like people say a premium plastic Gazelle...but for us a Champ Gazelle is too overstable. We would need a Champ Cheetah. So the discs that everyone else think are straight are overstable at our elevation.....That being said...I would like a Champ Cheetah :mrgreen:

Peace
Scott

innova:needs a Roc X thats widely available in premium plastic, and a Comet ripoff
discraft:where do i start,they need a fast driver that compares to the boss and destroyer,also a more overstable XL,Z drone,X surge and Force and really to release most of their discs in a wider variety of plastic, i think that it would fill out their lineup a bit better
Gateway:needs drivers that are more consistent and have better ergonomics (all of their drivers other than assassin are super uncomfortable in the hand for me)
millennium: JLF,OLF X and they need to break down and come out with a DX type plastic. could you imagine how cool a DX Sentinel or OLF might be?
Quest:needs better plastic and some molds that dont rely on a dumb gimmick (unless it actually works :) )

Denver Discer said:
oops missed most important one.....Z Drone. And don't tell me about the FLX Drone....FLX = JUNK end of story.

If everything is more stable at you elevation wouldn't a z-wasp be close to a drone?

Discraft needs: Z Drone or a production run of ESP Drones and not FLX, a Teebirdish fairway driver that isn't the Tracker, an answer to the Xcal/Boss

Innova needs: A RE-RUN OF CE!!!!!

Innova needs to make: a really overstable driver. not a firebird, not a banshee, something sickly overstable like a spirit or xtreme. it would be nice if i didn't have to rely on gateway or discraft for this. both companies make inconsistant runs of these particular discs.
Discraft needs to make: more lower profile discs. the flick is TOO low profile.
Millenium needs to make: probably a more stable distance driver.
Gateway needs to make: it would be nice if they REmade hybrids. the ones i've tried were more overstable than they were supposed to be (i think). they flew more like blazes. and they're already making the long drivers in better plastic now, so that will resolve some issues i've had. and a warrior without that rounded underside of the rim. not comfortable for me at all.

I would like to see Millennium release the Orion LS and LF in "Standard" (DX, Pro D) style plastic.

corey115 said:
Discraft needs: Z Drone or a production run of ESP Drones and not FLX, a Teebirdish fairway driver that isn't the Tracker, an answer to the Xcal/Boss

Innova needs: A RE-RUN OF CE!!!!!

Those 2 would be great :roll: :roll: :roll:

Gateway needs to make more of the Money/BabyPoo Green $$$ Warlocks so i can have more backups. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Who cares about the rest....not me :wink: :wink:

Innova
- regular run premium plastic Rocs
- more colored Pro Rhynos
- Re Run of CE Plastic

Discraft
- FLX Flash
- more selection in the Crystal Z discs

Innova needs: Reg. production Champ/Star Rocs (the only Rocs I like, but dont want to pay for)

Discraft needs: IDK, havent thrown much Discraft

Gateway: More versatile distance drivers (getting there with the likes of the Diablo DT and Assassin

Millenium: Have never thrown.

Innova needs: Champion Cheetah would be nice, I love my dx cheetah but the courses I play are heavily wooded.

Discraft needs: More disc weight options, I am talking about more 150ish and lower 160s, I can only find upper 160s and 170s around here. They should make more of there drivers in 150 class also. A z drone would be sweet.