• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what disc/plastic needs to be made?

ferretdance03 said:
garublador said:
Discraft needs to make: A more stable XL (or bring it out of retirment)
What?
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the Z XL, I'm saying they need something more overstable. I was eluding to them bringing the X2 out of retirement though I forgot about the Talon when I wrote that.

colombo117 said:
Innova needs: Champion Cheetah would be nice, I love my dx cheetah but the courses I play are heavily wooded.

Not as good at you think, as least the couple of KC Cheetahs I have in candy plastic are not that impressive.

All of the big 3 should make a Champ/Z/Clear Evo blend Star/ESP/Evo plastic a regular thing. Real grippy and real durrable

Discraft needs to get a better supplier for their bags, and they need to stop making the DGA blends of Pro-D. Not stop making DGA discs in Pro-D, they just need to use real Pro-D for ALL their Pro-D offerings, and not mix and match with the DGA colors.

Everyone else should release discs that compete directly with the Comet. I dont' care who says what about which molds, nobody does.

Innova should replace the Teerex with the Teerex-x, and break all of the old molds....and end all of the confusion.

Discraft should make the Predator in D plastic.

Millennium: the mythical OLX

Dcraft: ??? (haven't thrown much)

Innova: regular production premium Rocs would be sweet, but I don't throws the ones I have very often. I'll 2nd the motion for more CE or pearly/tacky Champ plastic. More Special Blend would be nice too.

Gateway: a buttload of Wizards that all feel exactly the same :D

Bradley Walker said:
I get a little tingle in my pants every time I think about the possibility of a D Predator...
The Super Grip Tsunami is close, but it's just not a Predator.

Oh yeah! If Innova made a Star or Champ Roc and sold it for $15...I just might throw the Roc. That would be sweet. Also, it would be nice if Innova brought back the Champion BB Aviar.

Bradley Walker said:
Innova should replace the Teerex with the Teerex-x, and break all of the old molds....and end all of the confusion.

All the teerexes I've ever thrown fly like wraiths. A more stable one is definitely needed. I think Innova should make champion destroyers a regular disc. Discraft should do a domey Z force and scrap the Z surge (horrible disappointment there).

BIG MACK said:
What disc, plastic or technology needs to be made still? Personally, I wish that Innova would come out with an overstable midrange that gets more distance than the Gator (without having to hunt and pay for exclusive Rocs). Is there a throw niche that hasn't been filled yet? What's missing from the Innova, Discraft, Millenium, Gateway disc offerings?

Innova needs to make: A wide rimmed disc with a hollowed out rim or with some sort of light filler so that lighter versions of the Boss can be made.

Discraft needs to make: Keep working on exotic plastics...this is their great strength.

BIG MACK said:
Non disc related...I also thought a disc golf bag with a camelbak option would be cool, too.

I've been building the ultimate disc golf cart, it is one of my hobbies. It started with a nice light aluminum framed jogging stroller with 20" BMX wheels and a parking brake. A soft sided cooler that works amazingly well (I've seen it keep ice unmelted for over 2 days) and that has a nice velcro opening flap can be seated and securely fastened (by bungee cords, for now) above the axle. It can hold 2 cases of beer cans, and keep them ice cold forever. A large aluminum fold-away dish rack purchased at IKEA is going to go on next, along with a tent to cover the discs that will sit snugly into the rack. A drop down stool is also going to be attached, so that you can sit beside it. Maybe a little table too.

In any case, a disc golf cart would be a good idea to develop at a commercial level. Lots of people have makeshift carts out on the courses already. If I can get the right components working together, I might even sell them myself. :mrgreen:

Innova: Release all of the CFR discs to production
Discraft: Bring back all the X plastic discs they took OOP. And a more stable force
Gateway: Deeper rim depths in both mids and drivers. All Gateway distance drivers can be difficult to hold and lack glide.

Denver Discer said:
oops missed most important one.....Z Drone. And don't tell me about the FLX Drone....FLX = JUNK end of story.

Z Drones are being ran for 2009 Worlds. I have two coming my way shortly. Disc Golf World will have them as well as Sun King and a couple others from what I have heard. Pick them up and support the Worlds.

Millennium needs to make a fairway and long distance fader.

They already have the MS in Gummy-Q plastic, but they need to make more discs in Gummy-Q plastic. I would love to see an OLS and OLF in Gummy Plastic.

Yummy Gummy Plastic, NUM NUM!

gratefuldisc said:
JHern said:
a disc golf cart would be a good idea to develop at a commercial level

GGGT is right on top of that...
http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/go-cart-p-1689.html

I saw that on their site. I'm not impressed. My cart blows that one away...

My Cart: Sub-zero cooler with 48 beer capacity and easy access beer door. Keeps ice unmelted for up to 2 days. Cooler is detachable in case you want to haul something else around (like another 60 discs or so).
GGGT Cart: No cooler.

My Cart: 3 Wheels, stable on wicked steep slopes.
GGGT Cart: Stable only if you lay it down.

My Cart: 2 deployable camping stools, seating 2 persons comfortably on a variety of terrains.
GGGT Cart: One bench seat, usable only on flat ground.

My Cart: 3 Wheels, stable on wicked steep slopes.
GGGT Cart: Stable only if you lay it down.

My Cart: Breaks down completely into flat pieces for storage in any size car trunk.
GGGT Cart: Better get an SUV.

My Cart: Mounted camera tripod for filming, general photography, etc..
GGGT Cart: No camera mounts.

And more coming....

My Cart in the Near Future: Stereo sound system, plug in any portable player and have some tunes.
GGGT Cart: No sound system.

My Cart in the Near Future: Drop down table for writing, eating lunch, cheese + crackers, etc..
GGGT Cart: No table.

My Cart in the Near Future: Stainless steel disc storage rack, holding up to 30 discs.
GGGT Cart: No disc storage rack. Throw your pre-existing bag under the seat and hope it doesn't fall off.

My Cart in the Near Future: Deployable rain tarp to keep discs and cart dry, can be made into a tent over the stools to keep dry and wait out a rain spell.
GGGT Cart: No rain equipment.

This is only the beginning. I'm going to have a total blast customizing this thing further!

And here's where it really hurts in the comparisons.........

My Cart: Around $60 invested, another $60 or so planned.
GGGT Cart: $199.95

....ouch.

GGGT can do better. I'll challenge them to do so. But maybe I'll go into the custom disc golf cart business to compete (though I can only make a low volume unless I hire some kid to help out).