• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What Discs have you bought Multiples of?

I often buy pairs of mids in different plastics, working them both in the field, and initially bagging the less stable one. At some point the one in the bag becomes a little too flippy, and the other one is ready to do service.

My most recent example is two Gauges, with the Pinnacle pushing out the original Icon after a year or so

My newest addition is a pair of Mustangs (Sublime for now, Eternal for later)

Honestly though - I don't know if I shouldn't just buy 'em in the initial plastic, and keep a few rotating through field work. I'm wondering if doing the multiple plastic thing just overcomplicates it...

I often buy pairs of mids in different plastics, working them both in the field, and initially bagging the less stable one. At some point the one in the bag becomes a little too flippy, and the other one is ready to do service.

My most recent example is two Gauges, with the Pinnacle pushing out the original Icon after a year or so

My newest addition is a pair of Mustangs (Sublime for now, Eternal for later)

Honestly though - I don't know if I shouldn't just buy 'em in the initial plastic, and keep a few rotating through field work. I'm wondering if doing the multiple plastic thing just overcomplicates it...

I think you're doing it right. I do a similar strategy with molds that I like to bag multiples of, and I don't feel like it complicates things. Combining premium and mid-grade plastics is a solid way of jumpstarting a cycle. And having a fresh mid-grade on hand is reassuring, because I know that I can beat it in quickly if I lose my perfectly seasoned premium disc.

At one point I had a stupid amount of KC Pro Aviars. I would use my tournament winnings exclusively on KCs. It is the best disc ever.

Dynamic Discs Slammer
Prodigy PA3
Innova Eagle
Innova Thunderbird
Dynamic Discs Breakout
Gateway Element
Dynamic Discs Getaway

I have multiples of everything I carry. I can't remember the last time I bought just a single version of a disc.

Rekos (K1 for throwing, K3 for putting)
Zones (Z and ZFLX)
Eagles (Star and Champion)
Wasps (Z and Jawbreaker)
Destroyers in varying stabilities

My most important non-putter is the Raptor, and currently I'm sitting on 21. I carry 4 in my main bag (Cryztal Z, First Run Z, ESP, Uli Z) and 2 in my car bag (Stock Z, ESP). I pretty much consider the Zeus and Destroyer to be interchangeable, and I've got 15 of those.

I have at least 3 of each different putter mold I've tried with at least one premium plastic for driving. 13 Comets (lost at least 3 this year also) and 5 Shocks (always looking for more)

I have 2 lists, discs I carry and have multiples of because I will cycle them, and discs that I like how they fly new and I dont plan to cycle them because I have not experienced it. These are just discs currentlybin my bag.

Discs I cycle:
300 PA1
BT Hard and Origio Harp
Pro-D and ESP Zone
KC flat top Roc
Evo and SS Demon
Opto Trident
Star Firebird
I-blend and S-blend Pharaoh
S-line PD2
Star Boss

Discs I like how they fly and dont plan to cycle:
Proto 400 F3
Evo Spirit
Color glow and Star Shryke

Z Stalker because I thought in 2018 after having just swtiched in 2017 from Z XL going oop and I needed a Z XL new disc after 12 years. Turns out the Stalker was not going oop but rather getting the modern numbers system on new discs so Discraft just ran off the old stock. I have about 6 backup for 7 total for a lifetime of the Disc since Z is so universal.

Impact 7 at the 170-172 and 173-174 grams sets (the only that seem to work well for the flight the charts say) due to finally running low on stock in 2017 and stocking up same with my brother.

A few Star Shark 2 good one okay more like almost G-Start. The old stock of Star Shark is running low in 175 grams + and I use ~175 grasms. When my discs run out/wear out I am going to get Pro

2 good backup Proline Titanic for the ones in bag as my hot weather can't use Jawbreaker Magnet/tight gap putting due to plastic not run for said mold anymore. Just incase I damage beyond use/loose the disc. One mistake disc that never should have been a factory run disc and not a mistake disc.

Last 2 Champion Shark 3 for my true midrange disc used as a midrange, the mold went oop for the Lion a disc that if I did get feeling the star, I would use in champion Lion when my Shark 3 run out, hoping the flight is the same and not like a Shark as it looked in the Innova First flight of the disc.

A single #2 Upshot in prostyle suposed to be a 165-169 gram but I got a 175 gram instead as a Backup. This did will replace my Star Shark when that ends up more US where my current 166 gram #2 Upshot in prostyle.

So for the most part it is backups of OOP plastic and molds in my bag right now.

Last edited:
Oh my, this almost impossible, where is a flight chart?

If I buy one, I buy more...

I have had multiples of many , and attempted cycles with many.

I have been by far, the most successful with the Orion Fade (OLF). Bagged for the last few years.

The Orions are not going anywhere, in fact they are slowly taking over all my longer shots.

I will buy a disc to try it out.

If I think I'm buying a disc I will play with regularly, I'll buy multiple up front. I don't have the arm/power for high speed discs (yet). But, I wanted to know to have some options for the practice field. I bought a couple of destroyers in different plastics.

I know I like the Wraith and I thought I'd like the Valkyrie and I really wanted to try the Hatchet (buddy has one and throws it amazingly). I bought two of each. Was looking for lighter weights in the 9-10-11 speed range. Really liking the Valks and glad I bought 2.

Thinking about Buzz, Roc, E-Truth as my next purchase (or maybe Santa?). Seems like good discs to have multiples of.

I don't buy discs like I used to, but I just bought multiples of this:

picture.php

Mostly I like how it looks, and it is a Champ Roc so it will always be useful to me.

The only mold I currently throw that I've only bought one of is the stego. And honestly, if I'm throwing a stego somewhere there's a chance to lose it....well, things have gotten interesting to be sure.

Wraith, Shark, Envy, and Luna.

In the future, probably also Comet and Mantis.

I think I'd be happy playing most rounds with just those 6 discs.

Latest posts