• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] What do people think of DGA plastic?

I've got a proline hellfire that's more like big Z I would say. The marbling in it kinda reminds of of Ti however.

Big z + Ti? I'm sure there are variances between molds and years however. SP is definitely just Sparkle Z.

I've got a proline hellfire that's more like big Z I would say. The marbling in it kinda reminds of of Ti however.

Big z + Ti? I'm sure there are variances between molds and years however. SP is definitely just Sparkle Z.

Big Z is Z and Ti, so I doubt it.

It could be ESP with a touch of Ti. Its not tough enough to be mostly Ti though

The older Prolines were diffentally ESP based, just a little softer. Softer, not gummy...more like driver pro.

Last edited:

I'd say that's pretty close to accurate for proline. Seems Ti/Big Zish to me.

So I was looking at possibly picking up a backup Tremor for my current ProLine, and I realized that I have no idea what to compare the ProLine plastic to. Blindfolded, I'd say it feels like BigZ or even just EliteZ. But the marbling is unlike any BigZ I've ever seen; reminiscent of old Goldline plastic with the swirlies and iridescence.

Can anyone break down the plastic offerings from DGA? Like maybe make comparisons to the closest alternative from DC. Seems like Tremors were only made in ProLine.

The Proline blend can vary from soft gummy G Star/Pro to stiff and slick and even almost Z. I would assume it just depends on the X and Z ratio in each run. It's basically Star/ESP, which can also vary in flex and grip. I like your comparison to the old Goldline with the newer Proline stuff.

Check out otbdiscs for other Tremor blends. They do a good job of describing the plastic feel of each disc. There's also some kind of SP Flex Tremor on ebay right now. I bag a Glow Tremor, which is slightly less flippy and glidey in a grippy SP blend.

I see players that use the soft Discs, the Gumputt/Powerdrive and Blowfly and or II of same model. He uses those special plastic molds above for his putters and uses the driver version of Gumputt for his windy day putter Not sure if he has a Blowfly II in his bag though. I know at least one player uses such a disc, and he has/had the disc that flew like an Impact flight line from DGA for his bag as I am not sure if the Impact bumped out the DGA disc and he has switched now in more recent years to to DX ROC's a set in different wear, so he has a reason to buy a new disc at least every year.

Last edited:
The DGA Titanic do some people have a Titanic in Proline with the crosshatch marks on the inside rim in a small strip and some without? The later 2 I got as backups do not have the crosshatch marks only a week later after the others did I order them. I know the D series most of the time did not have the small crosshatch strips on them so I am thinking that the last runs of Proline did not have the older mold used for the Proline but rather the D mold.

Thoughts on the plastic? What molds do you like? How is the SP and Pro Line plastic?

I really like the Hurricane and Quake. Hurricane is like a longer wraith, Quake is like a longer zone. I personally have liked the Pro line the most. The SP line looks good and feels good but I have no experience throwing it. The D-line only looks useful for putters and maybe midrange.

I really like the Hurricane and Quake. Hurricane is like a longer wraith, Quake is like a longer zone. I personally have liked the Pro line the most. The SP line looks good and feels good but I have no experience throwing it. The D-line only looks useful for putters and maybe midrange.

D line is Pro D to a T so... I get that. Proline is like older ESP or modern Big Z, something like that. The SP line is similar to X but a tad tougher.

I recently switched my entire bag over to the DGA brand (I fell in love with a swirly-flex Pipeline last year and decided to go all out).

I'm a bit confused by the plastic blends but let me just note what I've found so far because I've recently bought a lot of discs by DGA and have started to form some conclusion:

They have two to three types of pro line plastic. I have multiple fairway and distance drivers that are incredibly similar to s-line or star plastic...exactly what I'd imagine their pro line to want to be. But I also have every mid range they make as well as the breaker in pro line plastic and it's incredibly different. The plastic is WAY slicker, it almost feels like a blend of s-line/star plastic and c-line/champion plastic. These discs also have little circles around them (must be how they mold it) that make it look like a vinyl record. So i initially made the conclusion that their pro line plastic is different only between low speed discs and high speed discs, BUT THEN I got a mystery disc from Infinite Discs that was a Pro Line Hurricane and it feels kind of between the two plastic types. It's still incredibly slick, it's not tacky like the other drivers, but it doesn't have the circles around it as if its molded normally like other brands and plastic types. I'm just at a loss guys.

I should also add that the "pro line" that looks/feels vinyl is much stiffer and less "flexy" than the tackier pro line on the higher speed discs.

So to attempt to settle the entire debacle I bought three different plastics of hurricanes- one SP, one Pro Line, and one signature swirl (which is like actual star/s-line and i recommend this plastic whenever possible). And I will compare them to the mystery disc hurricane to see how they all feel and fly.

I also bought 3 more breakers. One SP, one pro line that looks swirly but is labeled regular pro line, and one special blend that is supposedly extra grippy and overstable at the same time.

All these discs will arrive in two days and, if I remember, I'll post what I find to let you guys know.

I'm already a bit disappointed that their pro line changes quite drastically depending on what disc you get. I suppose it's possible that the new "vinyl" pro line is their new standard and it just so happens that all my drivers are an old blend that used to be more grippy and flexy...or vice versa, but I doubt this. Come on DGA, if i order a plastic type I expect the exact same blend no matter which disc I buy!

I said it earlier in this thread, but Proline is all over the place. PL used to be gummy. Newer runs not so much. First Flights are your best chance for tacky plastic. I haven't been very impressed with new PL blend used for Breakers, Aftershocks and Rifts. I have been very happy with the new PL blend used for the Banzais, Pipelines, Rogues and Tempests that I have thrown. And I've really liked the Flex PL blend since the initial Squall release. My guess is the Flex PL blend is a response to the complaints of the previous PL blend.

Good first post and welcome to the forum. This place was great for building my DGA knowledge, and I've shared many of my experiences. I like to go to the "Discs" section and at the top left click "Filter Results" and it will drop down all the disc manufacturers. Click "DGA" and it will only show DGA threads. Or just pm me with your DGA questions

Ran out of time to add Quake, Hellfire, Undertow, and Sail to the list of molds with the better, non-slick new PL blend. And for reference, the new blend has the medallion stamp.

I've thrown this recommendation out before on another's good advice, but it's worth repeating. Scrub new Proline with a green scrubbing pad (blue isn't coarse enough) and baking soda. Sometimes you just need to knock the new off

I got a question for you...why no Gumbputts/Blowflys?

I'm pretty sure they just released brighter colored Blowflys. Pink and such

Do you mean why don't I bag them? I have one for pre round catch and throwing around at work, but it's too floppy for a confident consistent release for me.

Ran out of time to add Quake, Hellfire, Undertow, and Sail to the list of molds with the better, non-slick new PL blend. And for reference, the new blend has the medallion stamp.

I've thrown this recommendation out before on another's good advice, but it's worth repeating. Scrub new Proline with a green scrubbing pad (blue isn't coarse enough) and baking soda. Sometimes you just need to knock the new off

I have to disagree about the Sail unless it's changed since summer 2019. The Proline one I bought has almost no grip. That aside, I love the Sail! Nothing flies straighter!

I have to disagree about the Sail unless it's changed since summer 2019. The Proline one I bought has almost no grip. That aside, I love the Sail! Nothing flies straighter!

My Proline Sail is also very slick. I love the flight, so I'm hoping to pick up an SP or grippy Proline at some point.

Fair enough. Perhaps the ones I felt were all First Flight. I've handled 3 or 4 and bagged a green First Flight for a bit.

Sure enough. I just browsed the OTB Disc site and all their PL Sails are categorized as stiff (not gummy). I was hoping they would have First Flights to compare, but no luck.

Latest posts