• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] What do people think of DGA plastic?

I love the stiff Prolines. Glad they havn't went flacid like Lat64 and MVP.

Actually when I got my Proline Titanic discs last year, the plastic was all over the place. I had 3 normal stiff the way modern Proline is, one with way beyond grip to the plastic and the disc got fingerpninty right after doing the first tests with the disc as a putter, then one disc that did not mold up right with a dent in the top plate of the disc and using the hot water method to the disc only made the dent go from average to small/mini yet made the plastic have some flex to it. The last Titanic might end up going to a local recycling company.

Modern Proline reminds me of the old ESP made from before the end of 2007 when the Ace race disc came out with all ESP being Flexible and in 2008 only ESP FLX was out and in 2009 ESP being like the old stuff but not durable.

Only throw one DGA disc, a Tremor. SUPER understable, and I LOVE it. Can get wicked turnover lines with it, even with crazy height. And the plastic feels close to star, maybe closer to G star.

Ran out of time to add Quake, Hellfire, Undertow, and Sail to the list of molds with the better, non-slick new PL blend. And for reference, the new blend has the medallion stamp.

I've thrown this recommendation out before on another's good advice, but it's worth repeating. Scrub new Proline with a green scrubbing pad (blue isn't coarse enough) and baking soda. Sometimes you just need to knock the new off

I have 9 or 10 new DGA discs arriving tomorrow a bunch of different discs and some in multiple plastics so it'll be cool to compare.

What does first flight mean on DGAs discs? Is that their first run of that mold?

Here are my two Banzai's and my Quake (First Flight) and Breaker all Pro Line.
The Banzai's just feel way more like star plastic to me while the other two are so slick and vinyl feeling.

https://imgur.com/a/P7MdWVR

Is that Tremor a swirly disc though? Their swirly pro line is a special blend and I think it's amazing. It's also the closest feeling to star plastic IMO

Yeah I've found that tennis ball yellow green PL blend to be slick too. I've also noticed it with a reddish blend. But the 3 or 4 PL Quakes and the 4 or 5 Banzais I've had have all had good grip. I've had pink and burnt orange Quakes and purple and burnt orange Banzais.

And yes First Flight=1st run

They have Swirly Flex PL Tremors but they're pretty rare right now. DGA reserves a lot of their choice plastic for tourney stuff. But I do love how they're expanding the PL Flex offerings. It's a great blend.

I am absolutely IN LOVE with this Breaker in the special blend Flex plastic. I bought a few more today just to have a few spares.

Yesterday I nailed a 105' approach with one and it felt so good. I might put my D-Line Steadies away to pull a McBeth and putt and approach with only these approach Breakers.

imgur.com/a/Mm7hfoH