• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what do you do when you get a hole in one?

It's been so long I forget...been 2.5 year since my last ace and I have never really hit that many. None since I moved up north even - but I play long tees on most courses that have that option, so....

I just had my jaw drop on the only ace I ever got up to this post. It was never supposed to happen but I got it in my first year of playing in 2003 or early 2004.

The course of Power House Ally has changed so much over the years that the hole #3 is no longer the way it was in 2003, it had changed in 2005 or 2006 for safety reasons as going over a road is dumb. Some local idiots would try to hit the vehicles on purpose or people who hate disc golfers would try to run over discs that were in the road. I lost my second Stingray that way, the truck moved over to run over the disc on purpose and was a driver who was in late Middle school. South Dakota kids can drive at 14, not that they all should.

Yay kids driving! Not that 'adults' act their age, or display the wisdom it should afford very often. It's a shame.
Back to the thread, and anecdotes....
My local course is short. Always was. Old hole 9 was 104'. On the edge of the upper flat of the park, about 12' up from the tee, and the rise was in the last 20' of an otherwise straight, unprotected hole. Almost everyone i know aced it at some point. Even down to a friend tossing a high spike bouncer, trying to hit my brother in the butt as he cleared the basket, that nailed it! I never did. Tons of metal and rim hits. But i only threw putters. There was a picnic area with barbecue pit and all, 30' past the basket and out of sight. And always with the kids running around. Fortunately the hole was redesigned, and set in a place less hazardous. I still blame DGCR for my lack of an ace. You shamed me into only throwing putters at that distance, as opposed to the local crew that always threw drivers. Thank you!

Latest posts