• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What do you do with a used up disc?

Speaking of that, just broke a 1990 San Marino Roc. I got used, looks like it was used it's whole life. Had a good run as my scramble disc. So yea, use them till they break.
e189264b439e4545bddf5d3339f596ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cycle my discs some, but I have one BT Harp that's been in the bag since they first came out and it hardly flies any differently despite looking like it's been run over by many trucks. I guess "Legends don't die kid".

Speaking of that, just broke a 1990 San Marino Roc. I got used, looks like it was used it's whole life. Had a good run as my scramble disc. So yea, use them till they break.
e189264b439e4545bddf5d3339f596ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP, sorry for your loss.

Any disc that I don't throw anymore I try to sell, but those that I can't sell because they're to beat or just not interesting to anyone I bring to work. I'm a P.E. teacher so I have a couple of lessons every year when I let my pupils try them out.

Can discs be recycled for their plastic, like plastic bags?

I hope so because I've put a few in the recycle bin. My personal discs always end up lost after they are beat to perfection. I've had a few break or somehow ended up with someone else's trash discs and I have always recycled them.

My dog gets all my used discs unless they have sentimental value.

I trade mine in at an out of town PAS I know of that gives $2 in trade on anything as long as it isn't broken or cracked. Doesn't matter if it's a 10yr old beat to death Valkyrie, or a brand new star Destroyer, it's $2 bucks in trade!

Use them as a 'water disc' . so on sketchy holes I will use a disc I don't worry about so I can throw with confidence. Or I try to sell it. If its not a good disc i'll give away

Can discs be recycled for their plastic, like plastic bags?

Star/ESP type plastic is mainly polyethylene I think, and most curbside pickups take #2 HDPE/#4 LDPE.

Baselines, maybe polypropylene? So #5 PP.

Champ/Z are polyurethane...you could put it in the bin and the sorter has the ability to separate it out, but from there I bet it just ends up in a landfill. All speculation though...you'd have to call your local recycling center.

The water disc is a good idea. And to everyone saying that discs don't become useless I'd normally agree with you. But this disc (the Buffalo) is shorter then my Heats and requires more to move in flight then my Gazelles (more turn then either Gazelle and more fade then the Champ Gazelle) so it just doesn't make any sense to continue to bag.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

no such thing as uselessly understable. Just put more hyzer on it.

You can't tell me there is sufficient hyzer for certain discs. I turned a beat DX wraith into roller from like 85 degrees of hyzer (think 6:15 on the clock) and it only rolled in a circle a couple times and just flattened out and skidded.

I place it on a wooden raft, covered in lighter fluid and then push it out into the ocean. Then I light a marshmellow on fire and stick it on the end of an arrow. I shoot the arrow at my used disc and let it go out the same way I'd like to. Thank you for letting me waste your time.

I just give it away or take it to PIAS.

Do you find yourself hitting trees when you shoot the arrow?

You can't tell me there is sufficient hyzer for certain discs. I turned a beat DX wraith into roller from like 85 degrees of hyzer (think 6:15 on the clock) and it only rolled in a circle a couple times and just flattened out and skidded.

DX discs faster than a Thunderbird don't count... But I bet I could still find a unique and useful shape with that wraith, maybe a high spike forehand line but I'm stuck throwing backhand from a patent pending stance.

I don't think I've ever 'used up' a disc. Never thrown a dx driver faster than a teebird. I've broken dx discs long before they lost their usefulness - there's always long air-to-roller shots or weird shots like scooby-to-flat you could do.

What do you do once a disc gets beat to the point where it is useless in your bag?

Probably 95% of players would call the Tank I throw all the time useless - it's crazy beat up. I'm trying to use it until the day that I grip it hard for a drive and my thumb goes through the flight plate.

But to answer the question, just keep it. Why not? You may have no use for it now, but maybe you'll grab it for field work next year and realize you like it for a different slot.

Latest posts