• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you do with beat in discs

Billy_awesome

For some reason the search tool doesn't work on my iPhone. My apologies if this is a common question.

I was wondering what you guys do with your discs once they get so beat in that they turn over to no return.

I have a few discs I won't even use for a turnover shot because they are so unreliable.

Would it be a good idea to donate the discs to a new player? I was thinking someone without a good snap could benefit from a beat in disc.

Or I was even thinking of just throwing them into a lake haha. Let me know what you guys do/think. Don't say give them to me, that's a whole lot of lamesauce.

Use them for rollers and tailwind hyzerflips, give them away to new players, throw them off a cliff somewhere, lots of options. :)

Add them to the wall collection with all the other beat in, warped plastic.

Throwing them in the lake is considered "littering" :p

Melt them all down into one "ultra" disc....it will retain all the attributes of the old discs, all in one hybrid form. Imagine never having to think about which disc to pull out again, because ultra disc does it all.

Throw them.

Throwing them in the lake is considered "littering" :p

Melt them all down into one "ultra" disc....it will retain all the attributes of the old discs, all in one hybrid form. Imagine never having to think about which disc to pull out again, because ultra disc does it all.

I believe it's been done before. They named it 'buzzz'.

Oh snap. Now I stirred the pot!

I knew you veterans were keeping some secrets from the new generation... :p

If you can't use them on water holes, give 'em away.

They can become the excuse for not practicing a forehand throw because they can flip and carry that direction. One gem i found was a beat DX wraith (no ink) I can let it go under a 45 degree and it will gladly come over the top and carry right.

2nd for: dog toy, conscious-less throws (like off a mountain or over a hazard), and ambassador discs for newbies.

If it's a beat in Star Wraith, just use it for laser straight shots. I've got a really old, super beat Zombie-dyed Star Wraith that I carry strictly for forehand anny shots. It'll hold left and glide forever.
Some beat in discs have a place in the bag and are excellent for certain shots, others are just too far gone to have any hope. Old beat in discs are great for little kids with little or no power behind their throws.

Im tempted to run an event - Return of the dead - where players select a beat to death disc for a one disc event....see who can do the best (selection and playing) with a near death disc. Then at the end donate them all to a kids club.

Send them to me. I'm the noodliest of noodle arms and am quite fond of beat to hell flippy discs. There's a reason that I mainly throw Gazelles.