• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What happened to Big John/Go Ham ?

Not the first time he's disappeared, but if you want a very similar style channel there's always DGWeekly. He actually uploads a video every week too.

Ham's homie has his own channel, they wanted to go different directions I guess. Claims they still talk on the phone weekly and didn't have a huge fight or anything, still friends.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWr0iFsXQpOrfcaR5QNkH_A?feature=watch

As far as Ham, the last time he disappeared and came back, in his video he mentions that he was burned out from the videos, lost his drive and needed to take a break. He also mentioned with his new job there would be no way he could make a video a day and would be cutting down.

My best guess is that he isn't interested, but that's just my personal opinion.

Kind of bad for his "brand" if he's actually trying to be serious with his videos and such for him to keep "losing interest".

I don't think he took things that seriously to be concerned about his brand per say.. I did enjoy some of his videos. I lot of his stuff turned up first when I first started looking into disc golf on YT.. along with Mike C of course.

From Twitter: @GoHamDiscGolf: It looks like my last 3 videos got corrupted on youtube's end of things so for those that dont know, GoHam is taking a short hiatus.

he has been touring with the ghost adventures crew

tumblr_llsa8g4bWJ1qa73gk.png

/r/discgolf has been known to scare content creators away from the community

/r/discgolf has been known to scare content creators away from the community

That's not the case though, if you read the tweet that was referenced a page back or so (oct26) in the comments one dude said, "well that sucks," and Big John responded with:

yeah but family comes first, at least its during the "off season"

Then later Big John said this in response to someone expressing concern:

its all good, I accepted a job opportunity that is out of state for a couple months

It sounds like he plans on returning, probably just needs to make some cashmoney for the fam. Doesn't sound like he is being scared away, or losing interest like before.

/r/discgolf is absolutely awful.

so many pics of just a disc. and of baskets. way too many noobs and awful content on there.

but on here is starting to get a ton of cancer

Hey Big John. Hope everything is ok and you can get back to the channel soon . Always looked forward to his videos !