• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the best STRAIGHTEST fairway/mid disc?

I throw either a Star Ontario Roc or a beat DX Teebird when it needs to go dead straight. I used to throw a Leopard, but then my Teebird got beat in enough that they were doing the same things, so I took it out of my bag. If you are looking for something that has infinte glide, a Kite will do things that no other disc I have ever thrown can. A little hyzer flip and a Kite will float forever dead straight. Unfortunately, they are pretty slow, and can really touchy at full power (they turn and burn if you are just a bit off).

I don't know about the straightest fairway/mid, but this is the straightest driver EVER!!!

trucker.jpg

Skeeter is the disc. So easy to throw straight it's not even funny and better distance than a lot of other mids, IMO. Excellent for wooded courses as well.

Try an impact, i rarely see this disc fade even in the slightest.

Yes, seriously....Discraft Impact....is the straightest disc at high speed I have ever thrown. Straighter than Buzzz, Comet, Mako, roc, or whatever...it is the straightest, especially when you throw it like a driver or a long mid.

It's a fairway / long mid.

Squall Anyone?

I'm not really sure why no one has mentioned this disc yet but it will hold any line you put it on and when thrown flat and straight, it will not waiver in any direction... I also have success throwing a TL, River, and Roc real straight but I would definitely recommend the squall!:thmbup:

I'm putting in a word for the Impact. It glides forever and it holds such a great line. Headwind slight turnovers, controlled hyzers and dead straight, perfect finishing upshots. It's so glidey that it almst just stops in the air and drops. And if you have distances dialed in, you'll park literally everything.

The Impact is only straight if it gets up to cruising speed, otherwise it hyzers out. I'm going to throw in my vote for the Comet. It goes straight regardless of the power level that it's thrown. It will go just as far as the Impact, but it takes a Sunday drive to get there.

Anyone throwing Impacts? I'm super curious lately about them.

I had one for about two months, they are decent and go straight when you get the speed right but as it beat in I found it harder to find that right speed and beyond going dead straight it wasn't that useful for anything else. The leopard is superior IMO.

Buzzz. I'm assuming your fairway driver doesn't need insane distance so that would be my go to dead straight low 300's disc. A brand new Z buzzz SS is my disc of choice in that range. But I think everyone has a different idea of where a fairway driver is needed so its kind of a personal choice. My 3 recommendations based on distance needed would be a buzzz, stalker, and leopard. If you get a stalker makes sure its at least slightly domey or it'll be too understable.

I like my z-buzzz and glo stalker for straight 250-300 foot shots

someone mentioned to get a stalker that is at least slight domey or it will be more understable? I thought flatter tops made disc more stable

Last edited:

Latest posts