• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the Craziest Hole #1 in disc golf?

Veterans Park in Arlington, TX is pretty crazy for a first hole. long --- wide open and down hill --- with a cut into the woods at the end. Big hole.

Either that / Cedar Hills hole 1 ...up hill...low canopy....another oober long hole

One of my local courses that is sweet - Stafford Lake.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=774&p=8ec9e68f

It's gotta be 50+ feet elevation, and the entire left side of the hill slopes sharply to the left so if you hyzer out at all, you can easily roll 100+ feet down the hill. That pic doesn't do it justice, but it's seriously steep. Check out the 2nd pic for the view from the top looking back down.

Tim S.

favorites that come to mind -

Hole 1 at Borderlands in MA - straight for the first 300+ feet up a fairway composed of boulders, then a slight right 100 ft to the pin sitting on a boulder - (long pin)

Hole 1 at Basil Marella in Roc, NY - less than 250 ft but requires a pretty tight line to get a bird opportunity

Tourney Hole 1 at Parma DGC in Roc, NY - like 265 out of a little wooded cove with a disc sucking scum pond 10 feet in front of the basket, ob behind and left/right of the green.

The first hole at Base Camp Outfitters is pretty nuts. It's a bomb with the store to the left, trees to the right, and a road long. Then, to make matters worse, there's a 90 degree left-to-right turn down a very steep hill to a hanging basket with thick woods beyond.

A good RHBH turnover or RHFH can reach the pin, but miss off the tee and can be disastrous.

I'll also put in another vote for Maple Hill.

Hawk Hollow Hole #1, 400 or so feet down hill. About 100 feet elevation difference. Awesome first hole.

yeah that maple hill shot is sick...

yeah, NO to the TX bear creek. easy hole.

Beaver Ranch is a crazy 1st hole. A normal person would have just started the course at the top of that dang hill.

Some of my favorites
Circle R Meadow, sets the tone for the course
Waterworks, just a cool hole
Cliff drive, I didn't get a chance to play it but man...

Latest posts