• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What Is The Hardest Disc To Replace In Your Bag?

jskew113

* Ace Member *
That's right folks: What is the hardest disc to replace in your bag. I don't care if it is some crazy OOP CE or that Roc or Teebird you have beat into perfection over 5 years.

Do you throw it on risky shots where you need that confidence to make it work or do you have it in a glass case...in your bag?

My 10 year old Z Predator.

Z Predator from around 2005. I'm not sure what the weight is, but it does things new Predators can't. It makes me feel cool like Nate Doss when I can throw a Predator and get a little bit of turn on it.

I don't throw it in particularly risky shots, but I don't baby it either. One time I lost it, gave up my search, but then made the 40 minute drive back to the course... I found it! One day it'll bite the dust, and then I'll probably just settle for a Teebird. I've purchased two new Z preds with the idea of beating them in, but they have a LONG way to go.

I ask because I lost my perfectly beat 1st run McRoc3 in a posion ivy pit of no return today. I lost my seasoned neutral AJ Tour Series TB a couple weeks ago in a salt marsh. Spent an hour and a half in waders; when I saw the 4th cottonmouth I gave up.

My first Champion Beast. Yellow and beat in. That disc has a special place in my bag.

So then what's up? Do you bag that special disc and throw the poop out of it or do you only use it for special "safe" shots?

So then what's up? Do you bag that special disc and throw the poop out of it or do you only use it for special "safe" shots?

Personally I feel no disc should be "safe" only. Why bag a disc and not use it? However, that doesn't mean I'd throw something I would be mad I lost over 200 foot of water to an island (as an example).

Personally I feel no disc should be "safe" only. Why bag a disc and not use it? However, that doesn't mean I'd throw something I would be mad I lost over 200 foot of water to an island (as an example).

hmmmmm

sorta disagree. I have some discs I would rather not have at the bottom of a pond or lost in 200 feet of poison ivy. I'll use a DX disc maybe once every other round just to be safe. Maybe I gain a stroke once in a while but I reduce the utter depression of leaving a course without a fave disc.

I'm with ranger, but it depends on the line.

I am not a glutton for punishment. I have 5 holes at my home course that if I do not do work it disc is getting wet/ swamp or in posion ivy death. As much as it might hurt my game to have that perfect 0x Roc3 go to the Gods, I have probably parked that shot more times than not, so I'm OK with it.

Last edited:
My E-DS Destroyer that came up missing from my house over the winter. I was able to get 350'+ with it straight as an arrow.

I wouldn't throw it over a 300' pond if that's what you are asking lol. I throw it all the time with some risk involved but not major risk lol.

I would throw it over a 300' pond if that's what you are asking lol. I throw it all the time with some risk involved but not major risk lol.

That's what I am interested in: At what point is it not worth it for you to throw your special disc?

Also, when would you sacrifice "that" disc?

That's what I am interested in: At what point is it not worth it for you to throw your special disc?

Also, when would you sacrifice "that" disc?

To me, it's not worth it if I can't get it back... it's sentimental I guess with a load of confidence backing it.
To answer your other question, I don't think I could sacrifice it.
If I know that disc would make the shot but there is a risc of never getting it back I'll grab a less confident disc and accept a worse score. I won't do it.

Perfectly beat in 11x Champ Teebird and Firebird.
10+ year old DX Glo Roc and Small Bead Aviar.
Super beat Champ Gator.

I throw them as much as possible, but I also bag other discs to throw on risky shots.

By design, most of the discs in my bag are fairly easy to replace. If I had to pick the most irreplaceable disc in my bag it would probably be my most seasoned Wizard. A lot of low speed stability has been knocked out of it, making it the perfect disc for most approaches. I would rather use and lose a brand new Wizard than risk losing my most worn Wizard.

Well I lost my beautifully beat DX Roc earlier this year (it was one of the waxy runs so it only took 2 years to get beat). I've since replaced it with GL Fuses. They're not the same at all, but with some hyzer I can get similar lines out of them. I threw that DX Roc on a very risky shot that I knew was a risky shot, but it was also by far the best disc in my bag for it so I threw it anyway (and paid for it).

Currently, I'd probably be saddest about losing my nicely beat in patent numbers Star Destroyer. I wouldn't necessarily be saddest because it would be the HARDEST to replace (there are loads of people buying/selling old Destroyers all the time), but it probably would be the most expensive to replace with the same mold. I've bagged that disc for a long time now though, so it also has some sentimental value I suppose. I'd actually probably just replace it with one of my FR Sirius Scorpiuses. Again, not exactly the same flight, but similar enough.

If I were so attached to a disc that I couldn't stand losing it at all, then I would just retire it. I retired my very first golf disc a few years ago (Christian Sandstrom Star Valkyrie). I'll throw my old Destroyer on mildly risky shots although probably not to carry water. That's what DX Thunderbirds are for.

I'm starting to find that Star TLs are hard to replace. I lost my light blue 168g Star TL, and replacing that color and weight may prove impossible... and it looks like replacing Star TLs of any weight and color might be getting harder and harder to do.

To another point: in the thread: I've taken a couple of discs out of the bag when it became obvious to me on the tee that the risk of throwing them outweighed their good qualities. These were discs of some sentimental value.

Probably the Meteors. I like 1st run esp's and Cryztal Z's.

Latest posts