• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What Is The Hardest Disc To Replace In Your Bag?

My old Gateway Demon. Not a popular mold, I've tried everything else that's easier to get, nothing else compares in flight.

3 year old beat to perfection Prodigy Proto 400S M1. It's the only disc I bag that I'd have a hard time replacing. Generally, I'm of the mind that if I love a disc, I want to be able to pick another up easily.

I'm also a weirdo who'd rather have mostly fresh plastic that flies the same as a fresh one so that I can easily replace them. Typically, I'll only bag the same disc for about 18 months tops before it gets a swap. I really don't like the look, feel, or difficulty in cycling worn plastic. Again, yes, I know I'm the outlier here.

I have a 8 year old Z Comet and star boss that I purchased online in my very first order of discs I ever ordered. I ordered a Z Comet, Star Boss, and a Champ Monarch. I still use both the z comet and the star boss. I feel very comfortable with them and cannot imagine getting rid of them this day.

My match in pair of beat 11x KC Aviars. If I lose them, I'll just switch putters. They'd be impossible to replace

my worn in z wasp. I would cry if lost that thing...
or my hyzer flip destroyer. it's a creamy color, so I take it out during the fall so I don't lose it in some leaves

My beat-to-perfection Fossil Fuel Wizard. It finally reached the point where it goes perfectly straight for the entire flight, and it can also be easily coaxed into a gentle turnover on command.

My beat-to-perfection Fossil Fuel Wizard. It finally reached the point where it goes perfectly straight for the entire flight, and it can also be easily coaxed into a gentle turnover on command.

I have a 2-3 year old SS Wizard that is this way. Just like a good seasoned Roc, hard to replace.

A flat 168 gram patent number AJ two-line. This one is just special. I've bought (and sold) tons trying to find another that flies just like it. Out of probably 30, I have found 3 acceptable backups.
I throw the hell out of it. But I'd throw a current run OLF if I had a long water carry or some other similar nonsense. Otherwise, I risk my fancy discs but I make sure to buy backups when I can find them at fair prices.

My seasoned Opto Felon (first Felon I bagged) that barely turns and barely fades.

That said, I reeaaalllly wish they'd put Grip Pures into full production. So far my Grip Pure is holding up fine, but it gets a ton of work and I like the plastic alot. I'll probably replace it with an Opto unless they release Grip or Frost in the meantime.

Generally, I'm of the mind that if I love a disc, I want to be able to pick another up easily.
I'm also a weirdo who'd rather have mostly fresh plastic that flies the same as a fresh one so that I can easily replace them. Typically, I'll only bag the same disc for about 18 months tops before it gets a swap. I really don't like the look, feel, or difficulty in cycling worn plastic. Again, yes, I know I'm the outlier here.

You're fine; many of us are the same about our plastic. I prefer discs that don't change too much as they wear in. That's one reason I like premium plastic such as Champion, Star, and (to an extent) Gold Line. Gold Line beats in, but then hits a 'sweet spot' and stays put. Star changes very slowly, and I still haven't beaten a Champion plastic disc into changing, and it's not for lack of trying by throwing my Panther into trees, on spike hyzers, on thumbers, on rollers, etc. Champion just lasts...

My baby blue rainbow stamp 11x Champion Teebird. I've had it since 11x Teebirds were in production. Thrown on a hyzer it flips to flat & flies laser straight. I throw it when the shot calls for it but never around water.

an ancient Innova Ace I found this summer and lost yesterday. dangit.

Love my ace, for in the woods shots. Can make it do anything, with low power.

i have a few id hate to lose. 5x Jk Valkyrie, 11x KC Teebird, and an Ontario Polecat are a few. But id also hate to lose my beat in roc3 and vulcan that i carry and throw a lot.

the KC and JK would cost a lot more to replace though

A beat to snot icon rampage that bombs. I have some cannons that could get to that spot with a bit of work. but it would be missed for a bit.

G9i Wizard. My putter. The bead's half ground down, and the plastic's butter. It'll take years to season a backup.

168g Pearly KC Teebird that is soft like Gstar. They are getting harder find and when I do look them, the prices are crazy high. It's not that a current production stuff doesn't work well, it's just that I like the old ones.