• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the most beautiful/scenic course you have played?

Picnic Island hole 1

picture.php

picture.php

Practice basket at "The Jet Stream" It only gets better after that

picture.php

how much does the size of that fairway vary based on the tide?

Quite a bit. At the lowest low tide you can have roughly about 75 feet wide fairway with average low about 60 feet wide. At the highest high tide the water is up to the embankment so maybe 5 feet wide fairway.

The shot is a 280 foot hyzer that gets you down by the basket with plenty of room.

Both holes #1 and #17 along the beach are coming under severe erosion that I can notice weekly. Don't know what will happen with them in a year or two.

Finally getting over 100 courses played here are the ones that stand out the most from my adventures.

* Flip City (Autumn in Michigan is amazing time of year for disc golf)
* Beaver Ranch (Colorado mountain course with some incredible views)
* Deer Lakes (great mix of open and wooded holes)
* Water Works (First tee pad overlooking sky line)
* Peter Pan (Kansas, maybe all those GBO videos impacted my admiration)
* Walnut Ridge (Iowa, fun mix of open and wooded holes)
* Highland Park & The Canyons (Illinois)

Hard to pick a favorite among them, hopefully I can play them all again sometime.

Just played Justin Trails - Big Brother on Sunday. Played it a few years ago too. It's one of the most scenic courses I've played.

Probably Blackjack, Sugaree and Blue Gill. Ashe Co. is no slouch either. Oh and Ft. Hamby.

That and that I need to get out of the state more. :eek:

The NC mountains do have some calendar worthy courses though. Glenburnie in New Bern is pretty since it's right on the Neuse River and Fox Chase (Albemarle), Rock Ridge (Pittsboro), and Rockness Monster (Roxboro) are probably the most scenic Piedmont courses.

Fox Run at Brewster Ridge in Vermont. Located in the Green Mountains and in the shadow of the tallest mountain in Vermont, almost every hole provides panoramic views. This is the site of the 2016 and 2017 DGPT Championships and 2018 Worlds.

That and that I need to get out of the state more. :eek:

The NC mountains do have some calendar worthy courses though. Glenburnie in New Bern is pretty since it's right on the Neuse River and Fox Chase (Albemarle), Rock Ridge (Pittsboro), and Rockness Monster (Roxboro) are probably the most scenic Piedmont courses.

I love Glenburnie but the proximity to other park users and that industrial building by the parking area rule it out as a scenic course for me.

I agree on Fox Chase and Rockness. While I think Rock Ridge is a special course for the golf, the scenery is just not that different than most NC woods courses. Although there were some really cool spider webs on my round in July.

North Bonneville has some fairly fantastic views of the Columbia Gorge. I'd rate it right up there with Milo and Whistler's.

I love Glenburnie but the proximity to other park users and that industrial building by the parking area rule it out as a scenic course for me.

I agree on Fox Chase and Rockness. While I think Rock Ridge is a special course for the golf, the scenery is just not that different than most NC woods courses. Although there were some really cool spider webs on my round in July.

I think Rock Ridge is way prettier than most NC wooded courses. It might have to do with the fact that it's a newer and/or less traversed course and doesn't have hardly any erosion evident. Johnson St, Valley Springs, etc look like they were rode hard and put out wet compared to Rock Ridge.

Of the courses that I've played:

Zephyr Cove
Flip City
Stafford Lake
Holler in the Hills
Toronto Island
The Canyons

and yes, I know I'm replying to my own question from a few years ago.

the bottom half of bracketts was probably the best looking woodsy dg scenery you can find in nc

I think Rock Ridge is way prettier than most NC wooded courses. It might have to do with the fact that it's a newer and/or less traversed course and doesn't have hardly any erosion evident. Johnson St, Valley Springs, etc look like they were rode hard and put out wet compared to Rock Ridge.

I could not agree more. Although I was not really impressed by Johnson Street. Valley is great because it is on a very short list of courses that you can play after it rains and not have issues with mud/ water.

Of the courses that I've played:

Zephyr Cove
Flip City
Stafford Lake
Holler in the Hills
Toronto Island
The Canyons

and yes, I know I'm replying to my own question from a few years ago.

Any word on if the Toronto Island course is opened back up after the flooding?

Only Texas and Louisiana for me, so there isn't a lot to choose from. That said, Lake Claiborne State Park - Whitetail is stunningly beautiful. We went there last fall and it was awesome. Course is awesome too!

the bottom half of bracketts was probably the best looking woodsy dg scenery you can find in nc

Word. Deep Creek Dreams isn't too shabby either, nice looking farm course, nice pond. That reminds me, I've got to play Goat Island sometime when it's not in the middle of a historically wet year.

Old Bracketts was a helluva fun course. You mean the section that came after this?
picture.php

hard to beat the mountain courses for me. bailey and golden eagle in CO, jackson hole in WY

outside of the mountains it's probably Flip City, where the scenery wowed me more than the golf. it was my first time in MI outside of Detroit

Latest posts