• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the most beautiful/scenic course you have played?

Countchunkula

Base Plastic Don't Come Free
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Main Question:
What is the most beautiful/scenic course you have played?

Other Thoughts:
If you wanted to introduce a nondiscer to the game and needed a course that would convey the beauty of the game; what course would you take them to?
This doesn't need to be the most beautiful and most difficult. In fact, I'm more interested in beauty and overall vibe than challenge.
Most people who haven't tried DG, can't understand why those who have are so obsessed. Where would you take the doubters to show them the light?

id take them to a secluded 9 holer around provo, ut. i forget the name. quiet, empty, short, technical and scenic (plays along a babbling brook).

of course, i cant find it on the site now.:wall:

Hmm... That is a good question. Of the courses I have played I would put Ashe County Park in Jefferson, NC and Jackson Hole Mtn. Resort DGC in Jackson Hole, WY.

Ashe County is a great looking course and a challenging course.
3ef85da8.jpg

Jackson Hole has views of the Tetons and lots of wildlife but a fairly dull course.
25944575.jpg

I havn't played any outside of Texas, but I really like Bryan McClain Park in San Antonio. I also enjoy Gulf Meadows in Jack Brooks Park in Hitchcock, TX.

Squaw valley is tops on my list, which also includes:
- whistler's bend, oregon
- center chains in vermont
- university of OB in Weed
- redwood curtain, Eureka, ca
- Tarwater (temp course)

You're in Chicago, a camping trip up to HighBridge for the weekend should fit the bill.

$45 for the weekend.

Richmond Hill in Asheville, NC is beautiful. Also, Riverview Park in Augusta, GA has a stellar view of the Savannah River.

It's nothing breathtaking, but Roland Park in Lancaster, PA, boasts scenic views of rolling hills of Amish farmland.

8fe409e7.jpg

For a beautiful game, I vote Deer Lakes as the holes are generally very well-designed in terms of birdie/par/bogey and can be tough but not insurmountably so...all in all, a rewarding and addicting experience. Plus, it has a great PA woodlands feel with mature hardwoods and aesthetically pleasing elevation changes.

e53c48a5.jpg

I've never play there, but Flip City in Shelby MI looks gorgeous. As far as courses I have played, both Idlewild and Mt. Airy are pleasing to the eyes. Both are within 30 minutes of Cincinnati as well.

Squaw valley is tops on my list, which also includes:
- whistler's bend, oregon
- center chains in vermont
- university of OB in Weed
- redwood curtain, Eureka, ca
- Tarwater (temp course)

The Redwood Curtain is actualy in Arcata, but close enough.

I would also probably include Whistlers, Tarwater, Zepher Cove, and Horse Mountain. Though that last one you realy need to be in the know to play.

I second Flip, have yet to play a more scenic place than that. Fountain Hills and Beaver Ranch make the list too, although they may be tough for beginners (and everyone, for that matter) with the lurking water and tight trees, respectively

Hudson Mills in Michigan. 48 holes in the woods dedicated soley to disc golf. I know alot of people think this course is over rated but it will always be special to me, and its a great place to take people new to the sport.

Played so far? Bracketts Bluff in Davidson, NC. (RIP *pours out some OE)

That, or Richmond Hill. Good call Von Drehle. I still have yet to make it up to Ashe County Park.

Stafford Lake, Novato, CA
Whistler's Bend, Roseburg, OR
SnowBowl, Flagstaff, AZ
Fossil Hill, Fall Branch, TN
Ashe County, Jeffeson, NC

DSCJNKY

I also must go with the afore mentioned;

Flip City, MI
Ashe County Park, NC

Then you have the opposite, which is the most rustic, raw terrain I have ever played and that would be;

Hocking College, OH

-Winter Park DGC
-Highbridge Hills Sports complex
-Flip City
-Mason County, Michigan courses (Beauty, Beast, Goliath)
All are within a days drive from Chicagoland area..

Latest posts