• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the most beautiful/scenic course you have played?

Most beautiful:
i guess i'd go with Knockamixon on a nice fall day

Taking a noob out:
Sedgley woods in philadelphia PA. First course on east coast (1977) and nice and short for newer players

Twin Cities

For the Twin Cities area, I would bring a newbie to a 3 star course, with a variety of holes and good amenities, and then bring them to a 4-5 star course. I wouldn't want to bring them to Blue Ribbon Pines, and have them look at hole # 4. They may not want to play ever again.

3 Star (IMHO)
Riverside - St. Cloud
Acorn - Roseville
Central Park - Brooklyn Park

4-5 Star (IMHO)
Hidden Lake - St. Augusta (St. Cloud area)
Blue Ribbon Pines (East Bethel)
Mont Du Lac (Superior, WI)
Kaposia (St. Paul)

No disrespect to the south metro, but I haven't played too many courses down there, IE Bryant Lake, Hyland, etc.

In the upstate of SC for beauty you can't beat Chattooga Belle Farm for the views. The cover picture on the Innova Calendar is from CBF. For ease of play and a nice, pretty course, I would choose Timmons Park in Greenville and Sertoma Field in Walhalla. Both have had pictures featured in the Innova Calendar in the past.

Most beautiful/scenic would have to be Stafford Lake Course Page Link or Coyote Point/Lake Casitas Course Page Link.

However, I would not take a first time player to either course because of difficulty unless they were interested in being my caddy for the round. For beginners, I would take them to one of Chicagoland's finest 9 hole courses...Course Page Link. Plenty of scenery and a view of the Des Plaines river, but no mountains to climb here.

Idlewild in the Fall. Just before a tourney. Just because I would know it's perfect,no trash cut grass.

Lots of great responses guys. I'm not surprised to see all of the California courses. I've skiied at Squaw Valley and can only imagine what the DG course must look like.

i played ICC for the first time on Saturday and the holes in the pine forests were stunning imo. the height of the trees and the spacing/size made me feel like i was somewhere else

2 words...."Flip City" (especially in the fall) for anyone and the most scenic Solitude Ski Report in Utah (not for beginners) in the summer.

Last edited:
Punderson, Ohio

the pictures don't do the course justice at all. maybe i will snap off some pics next time i go.

beautiful course, playes around a lake, weaving through large old trees. a few feet into these woods in the winter and you feel like you are deep into montana

I could just be jaded, but I don't think that Idlewild is particularly scenic. It's quite pretty in the fall, and a couple of holes look great, but Northern KY woods just leave a lot to be desired compared to, say, the Tetons, or even more mature forests.

The most scenic course I've ever played was Deming Park in Terre Haute, IN. Mature forest with huge shady trees, giant squirrels, and rolling hills.

Finally!! Add Phantom Falls to Beaver Ranch and you have the most epic day of DG EVER!

Planning that this summer! I have family in the area and can't wait to neglect them!:D

My brother also lives near Solitude Mountain and I'm visiting him. Looks like I have a great year in front of me!
:clap:

Delaveaga and the Redwood Curtain at Humbolt State University top my list. then add Codorous - Hanover PA, Hawk Hollow - Spotsylvania VA, Walnut Creek - Charlottesville VA

I would say Steady Ed at IDGC needs to definitely be on this list. Plays around a lake with HUGE trees all around. I can't help but to be in awe every time I get to play this course (speaking of am going this weekend!). Great course and great views! Worth checking out for sure.

I throw one out there for Sugaree, and Bear Tree Cabin would be a close (literally and figuratively) second. I'll mention too that Ashe County is great.

DSCJNKY's Owen High Nature Trail course has some of the best views of surrounding mountains of any course I've been on. It's absolutely stunning in spots.

Thinking in a completely different direction, Winthrop always looks good in the pictures, but once you see it up close, it's not as pretty (thinks of goose crap on tees, etc.).

For scenic, it's hard to compete with the West & Southwest. But among courses I've played in the Southeast, my two nominees are:

Sugaree---in the NC mountains, in a gorgeous hardwood forest punctuated by incredible boulders, in the "natural" category.

Hampton Park---annual temporary course in Charleston, SC, with cement ponds, fountains, and incredibly huge speciment trees, in the "manicured" category.

Many of the otherwise-lovely courses I've played are marred by erosion.

Latest posts