• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the worst disc you ever bought?

Vote on the worst disc ever made

• Total voters
Everyone is so wrong. Found a Halex on the course once. Easily 10 times worse than anything anyone is complaining about.

This man speaks the truth.

The Halex disc I found on a course was such a poor excuse for a "disc" that I kinda forgot about it until now. :p

I posted this earlier in the thread, I'll relink it for those who don't know what the halex discs are.

http://www.amazon.com/Halex-20617-Di.../dp/B000PSLFWO

I was lucky (?) enough to find a set of them at goodwill for 2 bucks apiece. Literally not worth the two dollars. I would say you get about one dollar's worth of enjoyment out of how absolutely horrible they are...then you realize that the midrange and driver are literally the exact same mold. Then you just shake your head.

The most disappointing disc I have has to be the Totem Tee Bird. I thought that it was going to be awesome. Instead, it's a meathook. I tried and tried to love it, but could not.

Then I picked up an older DX Tee Bird at PIAS, and now I understand the love for the bird!

Aside from that, I was a Groove owner.... Also picked up a Halo and a Double-D (with dimples on the bottom) early on in my DG journey. All very ill-advised purchases. :doh:

Both excellent discs for those who know what they're getting into. Certainly not for newer players (not meant as a slight, it's true).

I am not a newer player. The problem with both is they are advertised as super overstable. I expected xtreme like but neither one was as overstable as a firebird.

Depends on the plastic you got em in. An Opto XXX will be very similar to a Firebird (a little slower though). The Trident is slow so with enough power its possible to make it turn a little, especially in GL. Opto will be very overstable unless you got freak ones.

Anything tie-died. Took me about 6 tries to learn that it's easier to leave new discs on the roof of your car when you drive home from the store and lose them that way.

I voted for the Dragon. Try throwing that thing and it does a barrel role into a downward dog position that pops up on edge and rolls in an enormous circle....directly behind you.

I am thinking of starting a new all star bad disc thread and create the all around bad bag award.
Indivudal awards: worse putter, worse fairway, worse midrange, worse distance, worse gimmick disc, worse utility disc, worse marketing ploy, worse quality production, worse bag and worse price gouging disc.

I had a Groove, but I can't really say it was terrible because I wasn't throwing any of my distance drivers very well at the time.

The worst disc I ever owned was the Frisbee Turnover Driver, the blue one that came in the three-disc starter box with a bag. Not really such a bad disc flight-wise, but two of them broke - on the same hole. My friend nailed a tree on his drive, and it split right at the "Rings of Headrick". My other one did the same thing. That plastic was like wax :\

Groove was wicked overstable and not really useful for anything. Attempted to skip it off the pond and it dropped right in. Didnt care at all

I think that was mine! Was it green???

I want it back!

Nevermind, it was Champion...

Its yellow, I actually found it looking for a Star Archon, never found the Archon, but I tgrow the Monster, its so beat in it flies nice and straight with just a little fade.

Star San Marino Roc. Gave it away to my nephew. Saved strokes by getting it out of my bag.