• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the worst disc you ever bought?

Vote on the worst disc ever made

• Total voters
I guess I did something right for once and didn't purchase any dogs. Thanks DGCR! I did find a Birdie once with no contact info, I feed the feral cats living in my shop out of it. Works great!

its not a secert how to tune the epic. aerobie has the instructions on their website and with the disc. click here ive thrown a few different peoples epics and they can fly in some crazy paths.

I bought one when they first came out for specifically this reason...I only carried a driver and a putter at the time, and I was intrigued with the idea of being able to tune a disc from OS to US and back....never did try the overhand stuff with it.

I also have to say any "entry level" plastic outside of a putter have been bad discs for me too. I purchased several last year to try out new molds on the cheap and found that all of them beat into flippy hubcaps after a couple weeks.

I guess I did something right for once and didn't purchase any dogs. Thanks DGCR! I did find a Birdie once with no contact info, I feed the feral cats living in my shop out of it. Works great!

Birdie was my first putter...hated it. Kept hooking my fingers on that massive rim.

I'm gonna get super flamed for this....but...MVP First run proton Vector.
It just didn't do anything for me, and was very much inferior to all of my other mids.

A close 2nd is a dx Aero, mainly because of the domey shape and it is horrible for putting. Minus farther putts and approaches was ok.

3rd would be a star roc+, just.....not a true roc.

4th would be a millenium SOLS. Mainly because some said it was similar to a sidewinder, which is untrue to me. More like a longer Eagle L with less control and less LSS.

The one that frustrated me a couple of times because I _wanted_ to like it was a * Mako. 0/0 - perfect! Not for me...

edit - in fairness, I can't say it was the worst disc made - just the worst experience throwing a disc. As far a flight number relativity, Groove. But I used my Groove in an OS slot and just accepted what it was and I liked it...

Last edited:
Worst disc I ever bought? Hmmm... Well, not that I'm any expert but...

The Z Nuke SS is the worst disc that I have ever bought. I got it because I was really struggling to get distance on my drives and I didn't have a "distance" driver per se. After becoming acquainted with it I realized that it has the most extremely inconsistent flight of any disc I've thrown. It is too flippy and just turns and burns and it doesn't S curve or ever hyzer back in. Although I have concluded that I don't have the arm for this disc, I still figure that this disc just doesn't have a place in the world. If someone could get a consistent, reliable flight pattern out of this disc then I would love to see it.

I might take it out and chuck it around today just to see what happens. Also the effing stamps on the Z plastic all scratch off every time you sneeze so a new disc will look completely beat up after a few throws.

I've never owned any of the discs in the poll, so I guess I'm ahead of the game. I have an "Original Upshot" putter from Lightning though that while maybe not worthless, I have not found a use for myself.

It is understable with no glide. I can't use it for right hand turn approaches (which I bought it for) because its complete lack of LSS causes too many roll away disasters. I guess if I wanted a "throw flat, die now" disc for death putts it would work for that with its lack of glide.

Curtis

I've never owned any of the discs in the poll, so I guess I'm ahead of the game. I have an "Original Upshot" putter from Lightning though that while maybe not worthless, I have not found a use for myself.
I used to have an ugly old Upshot back in the days when I had no idea how to throw or anything. This disc was a poopy swirl of purple and white and was misshapen. It was one of my first putters so I had to use it as I didn't have much else. We weren't friends for very long.

The fate of that disc is unknown. I think it might have become a dog disc but I don't even remember. Some things are best left unknown :eek:

Thought that it was going to solve all of my approach issues but I could never get it to fly stable. It was a heavy disc as well, in the 170's but it was just so uncontrolable and I could never get it to fly right. One day I was throwing all of my discs in the field and I forgot to pick it up before I started a round. By the time I realized I didn't have it it was gone. I looked for 5 mins and walked away, not feeling to sad.
Honestly I nearly cracked up when I read that the Dart was uncontrollable. That screams form flaw to me... That said, I'm a bit biased because my first putter was the R-Pro Dart, and I can throw the thing 300 ft.

Latest posts