• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the worst disc you ever bought?

Vote on the worst disc ever made

• Total voters
Can I ask why so many people hate the groove so much?

It is very nose-angle sensitive and molds up fairly inconsistent. It's not nearly as bad of a disc as people claim though. Most of the hate is coming from people who haven't even thrown them.

I've never figured that one out, personally. I have a friend that loves them, and all of his that I have thrown all fly more or less the same.

I can't throw one, but I know a guy who has a weak back hand throw, yet flicks his Groove on a frozen rope about 310.

I can't throw one, but I know a guy who has a weak back hand throw, yet flicks his Groove on a frozen rope about 310.

I don't really have a 13 speed arm either, but I have enough power that I can tell if it's inconsistent or not.

yeeeaahhh...

No it's not you, the disc sucks. I'd choose it too as the worst I ever bought, but I got mine for free.

I would agree that the aerobie epic is absolute garbage, however it can be thrown with some awesome results. You just have to constantly "tune" it. The biggest gimmick on this disc, aside from the epicyclic design of the rim, was the fact that it could be bent to adjust the flight pattern, you just have to tune it on every drive or 2. Still though, absolute garbage, no place in my bag for trash like the epic.

I would agree that the aerobie epic is absolute garbage, however it can be thrown with some awesome results. You just have to constantly "tune" it. The biggest gimmick on this disc, aside from the epicyclic design of the rim, was the fact that it could be bent to adjust the flight pattern, you just have to tune it on every drive or 2. Still though, absolute garbage, no place in my bag for trash like the epic.

In that case, do you have any extra Epics? I have three, each tuned a bit differently. The Epic is the only disc I can throw over 450 feet with consistency. I would like more as the plastic wears out quickly.

Your trash = My treasure

How is a 150 Aviar included in this bunch? Great starter disc. Even greater approach disc, when you know what you are doing.

The OP list is silly, "the Wheel" is awful, too. The groove isnt that bad. You coud play a whole round with one. Most of us are more inconsistent than the Groove is. Its used by tons of players, most of those others arent. The R-Pro Boss was a great entry into the light super D category, it stinks now in comparison to Air and Blizzard, Starlight discs.

This poll is silly and like asking... Who has the best chicken breast sandwich in the world? McDonalds, Wendy's or Toms Grill Shack... When there are thousands of other choices. You know all those discs stink, the groove and 15o aviar are so far ahead of the rest...though.

MVP Vector. It's a piece of ****.

hahaha, I can't even believe this.

To me, it is one of the best midrange discs on the market, to me. All you gotta do is just throw one at a basket. WHO ALL LOVES THE MVP VECTOR SAY YEAHHHH!!!!!

alabama_Leprechaun.gif

MVP Vector. It's a piece of ****.

To me, it is one of the best midrange discs on the market, to me. All you gotta do is just throw one at a basket. WHO ALL LOVES THE MVP VECTOR SAY YEAHHHH!!!!!

alabama_Leprechaun.gif

Well played Hammer, well played. As, for Discblaster: way to get trolled:clap:

Last edited:

alabama_Leprechaun.gif

Of all the mid-ranges I have ever thrown, it is the biggest POS I have ever thrown. It acts much more o/s than a fresh Roc in calm conditions, but then flips like crazy in the slightest wind, while the same Roc will hold the line. I've never seen anything like it. If I hadn't experienced it myself, I would call bull****.

In that case, do you have any extra Epics? I have three, each tuned a bit differently. The Epic is the only disc I can throw over 450 feet with consistency. I would like more as the plastic wears out quickly.

Your trash = My treasure

No, sorry man. I only know about em cause a buddy had one that I talked enough trash to to earn the lesson about em, haha.

these threads is funny

how about coolest stamp on the worst disc?
that would be an underworld, hands down

how about worst plastic type of a popular disc?
champ aviar or star rhyno

how about...?

The worst discs I've ever owned would have to be the Brick (& literally any disc made by Quest), Groove (mold is to inconstant), Epic, Ion, Dragon, Wahoo, every Ching disc & any Prodigy Driver. I had a max weight D4 that flew very OS & a max weight D3 that was super flippy :wall:.

Last edited: