• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the worst disc you ever bought?

Vote on the worst disc ever made

• Total voters
Optimizer! Flippiest thing I ever met, and I like understable discs. That and the "Maximizer" are available from Gottagogottathrow. Might be OK for beginner little kids.

Blackjack Axe_ I'm being liberal with the word disc. That plastik piece of crap would annoy me every time I pulled it out during a night round, just randomly switching off.

Optimizer! Flippiest thing I ever met, and I like understable discs. That and the "Maximizer" are available from Gottagogottathrow. Might be OK for beginner little kids.

I'll admit these are strange discs for anyone with decent distance. But for weaker arms, the Maximizer will glide forever. First disc I ever threw a flip-hyzer. If thrown right (big if...) it would go 300+ back when I was struggling to go 200+.
The Optimizer is a fantastic get out of trouble disc. It will do this wierd thing that I have trouble describing, but my buddies have seen. Throw a flip-hyzer straight out of the woods at an upward angle. At about 75', it will make a right turn (left turn for you righties) and glide straight forever.

Blackjack Axe_ I'm being liberal with the word disc. That plastik piece of crap would annoy me every time I pulled it out during a night round, just randomly switching off.

whoever thinks any disc they have is the most understable disc out there has yet to throw the blackjack axe. The first time out with mine, I tried throwing a light forehand shot with the disc hyzered to the extreme and not only did it flip up, it continued and flipped upsidedown into a sort of hammer... Weirdist throw ever.

I can't believe nobody likes the groove! When I first got mine, I threw it for side arms and it worked good, but then it got broken in and started flipping too much, so I threw it backhand and that thing was sweet! Perfect s curve. Then I lost it trying to throw a forehand :-(.

The 10 Meter Brick. Actually, I did purchase or own the brick. However, it was offered to me in a trade. I think I would have more success putting with an actual brick than the disc named "The 10 Meter Brick".
I have a friend who bought a 10M brick and he said that he was trying it out at a store and was throwing great with it. Though he never was able to have any success with it after that. Of course this guy puts better with his Force than he does with any putter he has.

Roc. lol JK, although I didnt like it much, it definately doesnt fit this category.

I think the disc that I was the most disappointed in was the Epic. I was hoping that I would be able to bomb it overhand like I've read about, but never seen. Long story short, I can't.

even though i really like all my other Gateway discs i would have to say the Diablo DT. the specs they list for it arent even close, you really need a big arm to make it do what they say.

I think the disc that I was the most disappointed in was the Epic. I was hoping that I would be able to bomb it overhand like I've read about, but never seen. Long story short, I can't.

I thought the same about an epic. But after attending an overhand clinic where our demonstrator used so many of these I see what eveyone problem is with this disc. You need to beat it to hell before it will do that wild barrel roll and finish flat. Our demonstrator said he uses them to flick with new and after a few hundred trees he may start to uses it for overhands. I thought i had some beat discs wow the rim on his epic had this ~ shape. All the way around like waves on the ocean. And when someone can do that barrelroll and flat flight after it just makes me smile and giggle in amazement everytime i watch that flight. So I may have to give the epic another try as a flick disc first in hopes to beat it enough to do that crazy flight.

Second was a Latitude 64 Opto translucent champ-like plastic driver (I forgot what model), but it was so unstable, it turned over and rolled when I tried to throw spike hyzer! Gave that away too.

This must be the Vision... I think these are awesome but I could see how you'd be dissapointed if you weren't expecting it to be super-understable.

Yes, it was the Vision. Was initially excited by the champion-like plastic, but holy crap, how do you make it fly straight? My 141g R-Pro Boss is more stable.

The Python
Bought a hundred
Tried 3 (minimum, medium & maximum) weights.
Sold 6
Gave away 88 as prizes. Losing brownie points in the process.
Database reports I have 3 more in a box somewhere.

The Python
Bought a hundred
Tried 3 (minimum, medium & maximum) weights.
Sold 6
Gave away 88 as prizes. Losing brownie points in the process.
Database reports I have 3 more in a box somewhere.

If you ever find those Pythons let me know. I would be interested in taking them off of your hands. You would get major brownie points here!

This should be interesting. I took a tally of the disc mentioned (not counting discs that were "bad at first" or used or "we just too much at the time") and here are the totals so far:

and so the curent leader for worst piece of s**t disc is:
The EPIC

Aerobie Epic - 5
Innova Dragon -4
Innova Groove - 4
Aerobie Arrow - 3
Quest AT Inferno - 3
Blackjack Axe - 2
Discraft Reaper - 2
Innova Dart - 2
Quest 10M Brick - 2
Quest Raging Inferno - 2
Quest Odyssey - 2
Quest Wheel - 2
Ching Juju - 1
Discraft Spectra - 1
Discraft Flick - 1
Discraft Challenger - 1
Discraft Putt'r - 1
Discraft Slipstream GT - 1
Gateway Assasin - 1
Gateway Diablo - 1
Innova Birdie - 1
Innova Starfire - 1
Innova Wolf - 1
Innove Crow - 1
Innove Monster - 1
Innova Spider - 1
Innova Valkyrie - 1
Innova Aviar - 1
Innova Leopard - 1
Innova Goblin - 1
Innova R-Pro Boss - 1
Innova Cheetah - 1
Innova Optimizer - 1
Innova Maximizer - 1
Innova Python - 1
Latitude 64 Opto - 1
Quest Rock-It - 1
Vibram X Link - 1
Snap Whitler Legend - 1
??? Rage - 1

I will admit there were many borderline calls on some of the single vote discs that made the list

Latest posts