• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this abomination?

Anyone else miss reading course reviews on DGCR?

I sure miss that list of newest reviews from the old website.

No matter how I try and use the "filters" page i can't find the latest reviews.
I do. I just wrote one. Good luck finding it though.

Eh, Web 3.0 is a different beast entirely. But whatever you want to call it - this modern aesthetic is definitely one that doesn't feel welcoming or comfortable to me.

It might simply be that it feels generic where the old site, in addition to the ways I was comfortable with the navigation, felt like a personal project. I was a little hopeful they'd maintain some small element of that aesthetic, even if this is no longer that.
We went from a home page full of information to a homepage with no relevant information. I don't understand why anyone would go further?

Is that on desktop on something? I haven't really checked it out that way yet. It's working fine on my phone.

I still prefer the 50, 75, 100 or 125 miles from marker option.

I click on Courses then Browse Map and nothing but a baby blue screen and red x. Well if I zoom out 9 times I can see that I in the south atlantic ocean now. Once I can locate land masses I can then click my red X to where I want to look on the map, but no courses appear on the map. I have to scroll down to the clunky tiles below and click on "show on Map". Terrible. Why start in middle the ocean? Why no courses appear on map when I use Browse Map? Broken on ipad and desktop for me.

Just going to move all my course to excel and leave this dead site. Rich guy lets his kid pretend to build and run a website for shits and giggles.

Hate leaving negative comments, but the new site format is absolutely terrible. Cannot find anything, not user friendly, an abundance of unclear tabs, the list goes on and on. This will NOT grow on me! You took a very informative site which I visit EVERY DAY and was EASY to browse and made it a cumbersome abomination. Extremely upset.

sucks. feels like they are fishing for clicks around the website now.

whats dgcr up to today? no clue.

How about we suggest constructive changes instead of just saying "this sucks"???

I was offline this weekend and will have more ideas later. But for now - @greens - The home page redesign is still in progress, yes? I like that there is now a list of latest reviews. But I still think it could be more prominent. I don't think the random course tiles should take up the majority of the page. I think there should be one random "course of the day" tile featured at the top. Then maybe tiles like what you have now, but vertical arrangements for the top rated and top played courses? Let me know if you're open to me mocking something up visually.

How about we suggest constructive changes instead of just saying "this sucks"???

I was offline this weekend and will have more ideas later. But for now - @greens - The home page redesign is still in progress, yes? I like that there is now a list of latest reviews. But I still think it could be more prominent. I don't think the random course tiles should take up the majority of the page. I think there should be one random "course of the day" tile featured at the top. Then maybe tiles like what you have now, but vertical arrangements for the top rated and top played courses? Let me know if you're open to me mocking something up visually.
The homepage redesign is in process, but I'm totally open to it if you'd like to mock something up and send it my way. I can't promise feasible, but my goal is to find maximum usability.

Latest posts