• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth? (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, quick question about Teebirds. If I'm asking something previously answered, I apologize, this thread keeps growing.

Just wanted to know if 11x Champ Teebirds "Distance Driver" CAL are worth a little more than regular champ teebirds you can buy off the shelf today. I got one from a second sports place, they had one left so wanted to know if I should go grab it or not.

Hey guys, quick question about Teebirds. If I'm asking something previously answered, I apologize, this thread keeps growing.

Just wanted to know if 11x Champ Teebirds "Distance Driver" CAL are worth a little more than regular champ teebirds you can buy off the shelf today. I got one from a second sports place, they had one left so wanted to know if I should go grab it or not.

More than regular current-run Champion Teebirds? Absolutely.

I'm not the expert a lot of the guys on here are, but even I know the answer to that question. An 11x CAL mold may be worth double what current runs are worth.

yes sir grab it.. both 11x CAL and even CA are worth well more then the new production stuff.. but if new and heavy its well worth snagging.. hell even if its 150 its worth it :)

Trying again...Glow Champ Teebird, CAL mold, no "www.", stamp dates it to 2008 or earlier, pretty sure it's not a + mold. Any ideas? Some kind of 11x Glow? It's a lot more of a yellow hue than some recent Glow CFRs I've seen that are bright white.
tb.jpg

like $25-$30 since you can get non-plus mold ones now pretty easily. I do have an champ Glow EX with that stamp and it is pretty sweet feeling glow plastic.

Thanks - the stamp is pretty cool too, and it's definitely a beefy teebird in the glow plastic.

like $25-$30 since you can get non-plus mold ones now pretty easily. I do have an champ Glow EX with that stamp and it is pretty sweet feeling glow plastic.

lets be clear...
crappy plastic+good mold+crappy tyedye does not equal $$$

my evaluation stands. I believe the pros were all rancho IIRC...
you overpaid if you paid $51... plain and simple.

not trying to be rude by any means man, just trying to help..

I bought cuz I want to throw it not cuz I m a collector. The dilemma came about when I started reading about the value of ROCs. This disc seemed to be one of a kind.

Thank u all for the inputs!

Obviously the Pro Classic Roc is worth $50 bucks to the OP, and the person he bid against...
I have seen Pro Classic Rocs go for some high prices on ebay. If you want to get your money back, wait a few years and sell it.
If you bought it to use, the price you paid is on the high end, but fair.
The plastic on the Pro Classic Rocs is valued for its feel, usually for putters, and will continue to grow in value as they become more rare. No argument that the old stock-stamp Champ Classic Roc is a better disc for throwing, but I've never seen it used as a putter (not saying nobody putts with it).
I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone, let's just call it a disagreement in estimated value.

rancho's are not the most sought after. I talked to innova last week(twice) trying to find other ontario CR's as backups. They told me that one of the most sought after discs they get calls about daily is the Champion Ontario CR. There are no more, and will be no more because the mold finally broke down(according to Innova).

PS...I am looking for one or more...used or new. PM me please.

Obviously the Pro Classic Roc is worth $50 bucks to the OP, and the person he bid against...
I have seen Pro Classic Rocs go for some high prices on ebay. If you want to get your money back, wait a few years and sell it.
The plastic on the Pro Classic Rocs is valued for its feel, usually for putters, and will continue to grow in value as they become more rare. No argument that the old stock-stamp Champ Classic Roc is a better disc for throwing, but I've never seen it used as a putter (not saying nobody putts with it).
I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone, let's just call it a disagreement in estimated value.

that's a whole lotta blah blah blah...

that's a whole lotta blah blah blah...

What?
I'm not allowed to disagree?
I usually deal on ebay and the prices can be somewhat different.
In any case, prices fluctuate and a wide range of opinions should be valued on this forum.
The bottom line is that any disc (anything, really) is worth what someone will pay for it, not what someone thinks it's worth.

What?
I'm not allowed to disagree?
I usually deal on ebay and the prices can be somewhat different.
In any case, prices fluctuate and a wide range of opinions should be valued on this forum.
The bottom line is that any disc (anything, really) is worth what someone will pay for it, not what someone thinks it's worth.

by blah blah blah I meant it was a lot of words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts