• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is this disc worth (Part V)?

Hey All - new to the forums, just got back into the sport after about 10 years off. I've got a little stack of discs that I'm curious to know the value of... Wanna know if I should throw them or if they are better for sell / trade perhaps:

2006 Augusta Wraith
Champion Sidewinder
Champ TeeBird
5x Champ Valkyrie
Ontario Big Bird Roc 179g
Ontario DeLa Stamp Roc 180g
2005 USDGC Flagsticks Champion Roc
11x KC Pro Rancho Roc 180g
First run pro Aviar
Champ Gator

I'm fairly sure all the champion plastics are max weight, but would have to weigh to know for sure. Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Why is nobody talking about that first run sidewinder?!?!?! It's worth double the next most valuable one in the pic.

Thanks Casey! Yeah that Gator is a really great disc. In a headwind it gets used on almost every hole, but in any condition it has really good glide for being a slower overstable disc. It's got a nice skip too if played correctly. From what you've described it sounds like it would be difficult for me to replace it with a new disc (I came back from 10yrs off to find a million new molds and have not caught up at all).

As for the USDC disc, I'm 99% sure its a Roc. I've held off throwing it for so long that I wanted to see if it's value had appreciated enough to sell it (my initial intent), but I'm thinking now that I'll just say screw it and put it in the bag. I have a feeling it could be a go-to disc for a long time.

I'm surprised on the DX circle Roc though, that would be something worth selling I think.

Your memory on the Wraith is spot on! I was excited when the Wraith came out and scored on that one... I alluded to it before, but I recently went out and bought a stack of new discs thinking they'd be better now (one would, right?), but somehow I can "bomb" a Shryke or a Tern and then throw that Wraith low and flat and the discs will end up at the same distance. It also holds anhyser and doesn't flip like those discs can... it always wants to flex out (nice and late as long as it isn't up too high).

On the Valk - its really stiff and if it's wet out it just doesn't feel safe, haha. At one time I had it bagged but I just end up using the wraith for the same type of shots. Your point about dye is a good one, that thing wants to get lost.

Thanks again for your post and for everyone's help. It's a nice little community here.

No worries I came back to disc golf in 2014 from 2009 to find more good new molds from brands I used and ones I Never thought I would see like a strictly overmold brand, well now they have that side brand Streamline that is not overmolds but anyhow mostly focusing on overmolds. Then finding two for Latitude 64 making that set up the trio as #3 in disc sales in the USA, seeing Lighting owner pass on and molds being sold to Gotta Go Gotta Throw, and then seeing that Quest AT is still making discs but now in a crappy Champion like plastic with the 10 meter Brick is now as floppy as a Aerobie Dogobie as well as the 3 disc set not approved due to size that Franklin makes is still available to buy.

Last edited:
No worries I came back to disc golf in 2014 from 2009 to find more good new molds from brands I used and ones I Never thought I would see like a strictly overmold brand, well now they have that side brand Streamline that is not overmolds but anyhow mostly focusing on overmolds. Then finding two for Latitude 64 making that set up the trio as #3 in disc sales in the USA, seeing Lighting owner pass on and molds being sold to Gotta Go Gotta Throw, and then seeing that Quest AT is still making discs but now in a crappy Champion like plastic with the 10 meter Brick is now as floppy as a Aerobie Dogobie as well as the 3 disc set not approved due to size that Franklin makes is still available to buy.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Hi, I got a star wraith, early one, not thrown, any idea what it's worth?
37ab6743126c58c9c8e43c22f2a3a404.jpg

dc8ad73a2b470bde759e53d999e68871.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on the disc but in general, the older champ plastic is just better. Lasts longer and has better grip. Some people prefer the older versions of discs because the mold pieces might have been tweaked after the first runs, or just changed altogether like with the new roadrunners and sidewinders.

Perhaps it was better when first new, but older plastic has also had time to break down and is more prone to catastrophic failure (cracking does not adequately describe what happens to a favorite disc). Honestly, I think it is mostly a nostalgia thing for the plastic when a player first started playing or when premium plastic was still a new thing. And over time the idea that older equals better has become accepted truth, even if not actual fact.

All that said, old plastic is far better and more valuable, so everyone should buy it off of me. The more you pay for it the better it will make you at disc golf, I promise.;)

BTW, what is a 4 point Z XL going for? Terrible ink but looked to be in great shape and good color for a thrower.

Also, "Twelve Time" not "12x" era tournament stamped Teebird? Super bright neon grellow, 7/10. Lightly inked but only a thrower anyway.

No one with an idea of what an old gstar wraith is worth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't consider any gstar disc old but if its unthrown, you might be able to get stock price out of it.

Kind of pink-is or light orange? Maybe mango! Max weight, just curious if there is any demand for the Monster these days. I don't see anyone talking about it unless its half jokingly.

Attachments

• monster.jpg
    monster.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 38
Kind of pink-is or light orange? Maybe mango! Max weight, just curious if there is any demand for the Monster these days. I don't see anyone talking about it unless its half jokingly.

It used to be in McBeths bag and I think Wysocki has it in there too so there's some pro steam. This one looks nice. I bet you could get 30-40 maybe?

So I was looking through Ebay and came across this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Innov...m=183762013747&_trksid=p2045573.c100667.m2042

Seems to me he's asking collector price for something that based on wear and ink is a thrower. My offers were quickly rejected just want to know if my thinking is out of place and disc is worth more or less what is being asked. Way more than i'm paying for a disc.

Got a bit off topic with the ebay talk and maybe sounded like I thought i knew what I was talking about with disc prices. I was more talking generalities about ebay pricing relating it to discs. I honestly have no idea about how much stuff is worth other than this thread so curious about thoughts about this teebird listing. What might be a realistic price or is it listed correctly?

Got a bit off topic with the ebay talk and maybe sounded like I thought i knew what I was talking about with disc prices. I was more talking generalities about ebay pricing relating it to discs. I honestly have no idea about how much stuff is worth other than this thread so curious about thoughts about this teebird listing. What might be a realistic price or is it listed correctly?

It all depends on if there is a person willing to shell out 90+ bucks for it. In my mind no disc is worth that, but people have different ideas and they are different enough to make prices of similar products vary wildly.

I would say a fair offer on that would be like 40 bucks maybe?

Value?

Found on a walkabout through the bush while searching for my shanked drive a while back. Too much speed for my game ATM so just curious what kinda value I'm sitting on to possibly turn and reinvest in something I'll get more use out of.

Star destroyer Macbeth 4x champ destroyer 8/10 no ink 170g

Attachments

• D93CB3D7-ED1D-42CF-BD6C-F061E5CCA034.jpg
    D93CB3D7-ED1D-42CF-BD6C-F061E5CCA034.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 7EA48829-410A-45E2-AC24-A31287FBEA91.jpg
    7EA48829-410A-45E2-AC24-A31287FBEA91.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 28
Found on a walkabout through the bush while searching for my shanked drive a while back. Too much speed for my game ATM so just curious what kinda value I'm sitting on to possibly turn and reinvest in something I'll get more use out of.

Star destroyer Macbeth 4x champ destroyer 8/10 no ink 170g

Retail at best. 15

Latest posts