• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is this disc worth (Part V)?

Hey guys, I work at everyone's favorite used disc seller. We got a huge lot of some old discs in today. Most of it is Juana with tons of ink but there were some decent ones in there.

I have made an imgur album of the highlights. I'll do my best to list the molds in order. Some of the I don't know though.

https://imgur.com/gallery/FQDtj

1a. Pro Leo
1b. Pro Leo
2. Champ beast
3a. Champ starfire
3b. Champ starfire
4a. Cheetah (plastic?)
4b. Cheetah
5a. Unknown
5b. Unknown
6a. Gazelle
6b. Gazelle
7a. TL?
7b. TL?
8a. Unknown
8b. Unknown

You'll notice that much of it is an old waxy blend of champion. I suspect that the Gazelle is CE given the streaks in the plastic. Thanks for everyone's expertise in advance!

Found a Champion Beast, no ink/number, in plain sight on the course yesterday. Barry 2X, no flight numbers, with patent numbers. Blue, 175g about 8/10 condition, pearly.

Any value?

Found a Champion Beast, no ink/number, in plain sight on the course yesterday. Barry 2X, no flight numbers, with patent numbers. Blue, 175g about 8/10 condition, pearly.

Any value?

Is it an L or X mold? If its an old X mold Beast it could have at least some value. An L mold won't be worth much at all.

Pics might help.

Is it an L or X mold? If its an old X mold Beast it could have at least some value. An L mold won't be worth much at all.

Pics might help.

Based on some comparison pics l just found, I'd say it's an L mold. Doesn't seem to have the concave bottom rim.

Between the oldish Teebird l picked up and this Beast, I'm definitely impressed with the old champion plastic. Nothing like the glassy jolly launcher stuff.

Based on some comparison pics l just found, I'd say it's an L mold. Doesn't seem to have the concave bottom rim.

Between the oldish Teebird l picked up and this Beast, I'm definitely impressed with the old champion plastic. Nothing like the glassy jolly launcher stuff.

Being an L mold will probably limit how much its worth. Unfortunately the market is flooded with Beast Ls right now. Old, marbled champion plastic is some of the best stuff ever used in discs. Its grippy, super durable and is gorgeous. The disc you have is probably one of the first L mold beasts made. They were still using that plastic back then.

7/10 Original Gateway Ninja nearly clear plate and greenish rim with rim ink
8/10 Champ Monster blue with heavy plate ink

Are early beefcake McBeth Destroyers desirable? The one I have is a 9.5/10 170 Yellow with a club stamp on it and the previous owner's custom stamp on the back of it.

7/10 Original Gateway Ninja nearly clear plate and greenish rim with rim ink
8/10 Champ Monster blue with heavy plate ink

Are early beefcake McBeth Destroyers desirable? The one I have is a 9.5/10 170 Yellow with a club stamp on it and the previous owner's custom stamp on the back of it.

Someone has to have an idea on what at least one of these is worth.

Had the "r" been missing it could greatly improve things.

I have a couple of these. Notice the misspelling. The plastics can vary somewhat, the early discs were the old CE blend of plastic making the discs highly sought after by some collectors and some players. I have seen some pretty stupid numbers for the earliest runs.

As for yours, It should be the same mold markings as this one and have the patent number, it is just a later run of plastic. Still a very nice disc. I might guess in the 18-25 range.

Hope this helps.

PDGA Approved all lower case letters.

Attachments

• IMG_0431.jpg
    IMG_0431.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0432.jpg
    IMG_0432.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 23
I have a couple of these. Notice the misspelling. The plastics can vary somewhat, the early discs were the old CE blend of plastic making the discs highly sought after by some collectors and some players. I have seen some pretty stupid numbers for the earliest runs.

As for yours, It should be the same mold markings as this one and have the patent number, it is just a later run of plastic. Still a very nice disc. I might guess in the 18-25 range.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response.

I'm going to make my first attempt at selling plastic on ebay. I've got some good unused discs that are just sitting in storage I'd like to let go. The one that stands out is this Champion Firebird with 2012 Star Team stamp. It's flat & 175g.

Just not sure yet what to ask for it. I would appreciate any feedback as to what it's value is.

Attachments

• IMG_1330.jpg
    IMG_1330.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1334.jpg
    IMG_1334.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 40
Either a Bryce or a Zion 174g burst center
2017 next gen tour regional championship stamp
never thrown

Attachments

• 20180107_225437.jpg