• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are both Augusta's

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60275820@N04/5510663991/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60275820@N04/5511263050/

anybody know anything about these?

The augusta wraiths were made in october 2005 and were released as a fundraiser in november 2005. I bought these like they went out of style. As far as the regular production run, it did start in 2006, but not sure what month it was. You always have to remember that fundraiser discs come out way early for big events.

anybody know anything about these?

Wrong. The Augusta tournament when the Wraith was released in Star and Champ (officially I guess) was in August 2006. I'm not sure the exact date the production run was released, but it was after the Augusta tournament so definitely not early 2006.

Sorry but I am correct on this. I had a star wraith when I was living in Memphis. I got it around March 2006. I am sure of this because I moved from Memphis in May 2006 and used it a lot at Shelby farms. I haven't played a course there since I moved so I am quite sure of when I owned that disc and it was many months before August 06. There are other threads on here that will confirm this
showthread.php

In that thread Cali says Augustas probably came out in 2005 pre-released for the Augusta tournament in 06. So these were not released in August 06 as people owned them in 05.

Then DSmith says,

"Augustas might be first run Champ Wraiths but not first run Wraiths. I believe thats the star Wraiths from earlier that year. I don't remember them using the Proto Star stamp for those. Just stock stamp. I Bought 2 stars during The first Ice Bowl I played in February 06. Still got one. Nothing too remarkable about it. "

Frank D confirms what I am saying as well in that thread,

"I thought augusta wraiths were the first champ wraiths, not the first wraiths."

So it is incorrect to say wraiths were released in August 2006 as myself and several others owned them earlier than that. The first wraiths were either Augusta stars or the base stamp/non-proto stamp star wraiths. The first champ wraiths were Augustas but even those were released as CFR looking ahead to the tournament in August 06. Just thought I would clear that up.

Sorry but I am correct on this. I had a star wraith when I was living in Memphis. I got it around March 2006. I am sure of this because I moved from Memphis in May 2006 and used it a lot at Shelby farms. I haven't played a course there since I moved so I am quite sure of when I owned that disc and it was many months before August 06. There are other threads on here that will confirm this
showthread.php

In that thread Cali says Augustas probably came out in 2005 pre-released for the Augusta tournament in 06. So these were not released in August 06 as people owned them in 05.

Then DSmith says,

"Augustas might be first run Champ Wraiths but not first run Wraiths. I believe thats the star Wraiths from earlier that year. I don't remember them using the Proto Star stamp for those. Just stock stamp. I Bought 2 stars during The first Ice Bowl I played in February 06. Still got one. Nothing too remarkable about it. "

Frank D confirms what I am saying as well in that thread,

"I thought augusta wraiths were the first champ wraiths, not the first wraiths."

So it is incorrect to say wraiths were released in August 2006 as myself and several others owned them earlier than that. The first wraiths were either Augusta stars or the base stamp/non-proto stamp star wraiths. The first champ wraiths were Augustas but even those were released as CFR looking ahead to the tournament in August 06. Just thought I would clear that up.

so that puts the price of the star 06 augusta wraith at.....

Actually remember the pros getting test run champs in September to try out. So produced before then. There was star in 2006, found an invoice from june 2006 and star wraiths were on it. So pre june 2006 for star wraiths. I sold like 4 augusta wraiths this week for in the 30's. The black 12x star ones go for 20 new or I can get them all day at 20 new.

Actually remember the pros getting test run champs in September to try out. So produced before then. There was star in 2006, found an invoice from june 2006 and star wraiths were on it. So pre june 2006 for star wraiths. I sold like 4 augusta wraiths this week for in the 30's. The black 12x star ones go for 20 new or I can get them all day at 20 new.

What kind of value would you give this Wraith?
55931_lg.jpg

if its new and heavy I would say it would go for between 38-50 new because of the limited release and of course its a first run. It holds good value if new. There are people who would pay what I just listed.

What kind of value would you give this Wraith?
55931_lg.jpg

Brand spankin new

if its new and heavy I would say it would go for between 38-50 new because of the limited release and of course its a first run. It holds good value if new. There are people who would pay what I just listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.