• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is your favorite color?

What color do you bag most?

• Red

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pink

Votes: 65 35.3%
  • Blue

Votes: 34 18.5%
  • White

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orange

Votes: 22 12.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 19 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Swirly

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don't know that

Votes: 13 7.1%

• Total voters
Are we BFFs now?

a49b50d82fcf3704a31bda0480ec9a196a5a3d40d9eca282595864dcbc58ea8c.jpg

I have a desire to color code my bag by stability. Something like Overstable yellow, stable Pink, understable Blues.
Problem is I've bought discs based on flight and plastic type so just have had to take the color I get.

More than color what I really like is the Metal Flake/crystal/Sparkle discs.

Chartreuse is my favorite. I play often at dusk and it pops the best, practically glows.

White, then well colors are very exciting especially the swirl stuff discmania is doing. Pink is nice too. Natural colors are great it just depends on the season. I can tell you I really try to stear clear of orange and red. For some reason I just don't like these colors.

I would like to have a bag one day that has all white blank top or at least low profile stamps.
That would be trully beautiful. White is the best all around color and it is a crime that we can't side stamp discs and run more white plastic.

White for opaque discs, clear for translucent disc. Each colorant cools at a difderent rate, making the disc shoulder and dome different, if the different colors are pulled at the same rate.
The colorant also creates a different texture to the discs.
My friends thought I was having a psychosomatic reaction until we did a blind randon feel test in a pro shop with lots of different colors in the same mold and weights. They now see the light.

Get all white or clear and cool dye them to your preferred color.

My preferred dyes are galaxy patterns with pinks, purples and blues. Those stand out against most backgrounds

We've got the same color scheme^^^
:p Hot pink is the easiest for me to see, so these are my distance and fairway.
;) Bright, aqua blue make up all my mids. Also very easy to see. Not much in nature is a vibrant electric blue.
:( My driving and putting putters are dark purple. Harder to see, but the idea is they should be landing in or around the basket.

^^^ That was clever, well played. ^^^

Putting Putter is Black/Gray

Everything else is bright/light. Blues and Yellows, slowly being replaced by Pink.

I ended up from both brands Innova and Discraft about 5 discs out of 18 I carry in mostly a yellow green or green yellow in slightly different shades that my discs are made in. Not easy to loose such a non nature color in these discs, though except in spring at the right time I could. Then the next after that is well blue in two Discraft discs though non see through and ESP and a old stiff Pro D disc. After that it seems the colors are for each disc. Well Yellow is second two as a DX Dragon and Star Valkyrie are the exact yellow color.

I do not have many bad color choice disc except a Putter for uphill and downhill putting is dark blue with other colors in a tie dye color that the Orange circle in the middle is the only thing that helps the disc stand out from the ground in non grassy areas.

I had for years a Blue JK Champion Valkyrie that I used that was hard to see on the ground, that turned green blue due to a yellow Star Valkyrie in front of the Champion Blue Valkyrie from 2009 till 2014 when I discovered the Blue Valkyrie had changed color.

blue is the best and most common by far for me. either by choice of color when i buy it or by natural selection when i find or dont find it after the throw, yellows also work in certain conditions. all others are a gamble every throw

BRIGHT pink is the only color I buy these days. I play a lot of solo and pink is the color I can find the quickest. I was previously using bright orange, but those get lost easily in the fall leaves.

Bright pink is the way to go for me as well, most of my bag is now bright pink. It's objectively the best color for discs IMO

blue is the best and most common by far for me. either by choice of color when i buy it or by natural selection when i find or dont find it after the throw, yellows also work in certain conditions. all others are a gamble every throw

BRIGHT pink is the only color I buy these days. I play a lot of solo and pink is the color I can find the quickest. I was previously using bright orange, but those get lost easily in the fall leaves.

Bright pink is the way to go for me as well, most of my bag is now bright pink. It's objectively the best color for discs IMO

I've gotten where I try to get bright, light blue and then (bright) pink. These colors also do well with clear Champion discs. Down here in Georgia, we don't have too many bright orange leaves on the ground; leaves turn brown then dead in the very brief autumns here, unlike the beautiful colors of Vermont and New Hampshire; so bright orange and chartreuse/bright neon yellow work well.

I like white because it's fun to dye. Blue and pink are pretty easy to find though. My favorite color though is this butter yellow Star TL I have. Not seen another one quite like it.

Pink and Neon Green are my first choices.

Blue, orange, yellow, and red are fine.

Chunk, non-white solids or confetti Vibram are cool. Granite Vibram is meh.

White (except for glow), black, tye-die, purple and clear I avoid in my bag.

(Noting that I do have a box of various white Stars that I should just get rid of it as it does not look like I'm going to get back into dying, or at least not more than single tone stencil or sharpie)

Last edited:
Pink and Neon Green are my first choices.

Blue, orange, yellow, and red are fine.

Chunk, non-white solids or confetti Vibram are cool. Granite Vibram is meh.

White (except for glow), black, tye-die, purple and clear I avoid in my bag.

(Noting that I do have a box of various white Stars that I should just get rid of it as it does not look like I'm going to get back into dying, or at least not more than single tone stencil or sharpie)

I Avoid Clear too, Last year of the Quad K in Rapid City I got a clear, smoky clear Elite Z XL with the tournament logo in brown and mustered yellow that I lost right away in tournament and got a yellow green disc, the color yellow green or green yellow depending on what you call it is what I have ended up with when buying discs as it the most common color I find for discs in even in looking at the store at brands I don't throw. Last year I got a call saying somebody found the clear disc and I told them to keep it, that disc is being used by his wife. They barely made out the phone number on the disc. If I was smart I would have colored the disc with a big * on the entire top flight plate in Orange or Red Sharpie to make it easier to see.

Purple in the fully opaque disc plastics I avoid as the plastic color is too hard to see, if a lighter purple I might still get it if the plastic is a more solid plastic.

I did have a Blue JK 2005 Champion Valkyrie that I used for years that sometime between 2009 and 2014 the disc turned Green Blue due to the Yellow Star Valkyrie in front of it. In 2017 I had to get a new disc a Glow Champion Valkyrie (feels like the old Champion when New and most come with the mini dome I like)as Orginal Champion Valkyrie was too worn in to keep playing with.

I like white because it's fun to dye. Blue and pink are pretty easy to find though. My favorite color though is this butter yellow Star TL I have. Not seen another one quite like it.

Is it a light yellow or a darker yellow? If Darker my Dragon and Star Valkyrie are about the same color like the one used for the Yellow in the Green Bay Packers modern uniforms not the 1950's style ones.

Last edited: