• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is your favorite color?

What color do you bag most?

• Red

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pink

Votes: 65 35.3%
  • Blue

Votes: 34 18.5%
  • White

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orange

Votes: 22 12.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 19 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Swirly

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don't know that

Votes: 13 7.1%

• Total voters
I'm a fan of white Lucid plastic and the deep blue that Kastapast uses. My Kaxe Z is unlike any other disc color I've seen. It's gorgeous.

57444484.jpg

Yellow... no... pink... no... orange-red... no... aaaauuugggghhhh!!!!

If I'm handling discs in a shop, the color is far less important than dome/PLH, etc. So I've ended up with some nice flyers in colors that I don't like. I have one beautiful neon yellow C-PD with nice foil, but I forgot to check weight and ended up with 10g lighter than I wanted. I'm strangely attracted to tie-dye, but have resisted the temptation and only purchased a couple.

I suppose anything that doesn't seem particularly easy to lose works for me. I also don't like having too many discs of the same color, because I tend to grab based on color and have occasionally thrown the wrong disc when I wasn't careful.

As far color's relation to finding/losing discs, I don't think there's any perfect color. It's always amazing how hard it can be to find ANY disc if you didn't pay close attention to where it went and how it was moving when it went out of sight. On the other hand, I can find the most ridiculously camouflaged tie-dye Boss if I watched and made notes of landmarks.

Last edited:
Pink and Orange followed by Blue, white and Chartruce.

Whatever is the most visible and available.

No blues and no pinks. I can see yellow, red, orange, green and white good enough where I don't have to throw a color I don't like...

Favorite though isn't listed on this poll. Chartreuse or dayglow wins.

Blue been my easiest color to find. I used to not be able to find the disc and weight I wanted in blue but now I get around that with iDye Poly. Either the turquoise or blue dye will give me a nice shade of blue to a light colored disc in premium plastic.

I have a thing for black putting putters. A majority of my bag is orange, but pink is a close second. I'd bag all pink driving putters/mids/drivers if I could. I know a few guys who won't throw pink discs because "it's a girl color". I like pink discs because they're easy to find.

I have a thing for black putting putters. A majority of my bag is orange, but pink is a close second. I'd bag all pink driving putters/mids/drivers if I could. I know a few guys who won't throw pink discs because "it's a girl color". I like pink discs because they're easy to find.

I used to exclusively putt with black. In fact, I had a white 400S PA1 that I dyed black with a stencil that read "Real men putt with black" Now, my whole bag is shades pink aside from the one Fossil Flex Scale. (which I might just swap back to a pink Fo$$il Scale)

My favorite colors are Orange, Yellow, Pink and light blue.

Yes, color does make a difference when buying a disc, no mater how much I may like an off color disc in the store, It's not worth the hassle of trying to find them in the woods. Learned that lesson the hard way.

Don't care for white, dark blue and purple, any shade of red, black, brown and absolutely hate tie-dye!

No green or tiedye.

I like brighter colors and use a mix of red, orange, white, pink and blue depending on the time of year.

Pink and white everything except putters. Putters should be purple.

Pretty, perfect, purple putters, people.

Ahh, no.

If it is strictly for putting, black all the way.

Boring, basic, baseline basket babies?

No. No sir. The P was the better alliteration, and the better putter choice.

* I really don't care what you're putting with. I just wanted to play with the alliteration.

I have more white discs than anything else. Love the stormtrooper look. Light green, and pink are also favorites.

Currently in my bag, I have:
4 Yellow/Gold
3 Red
2 Orange
2 Pink
1 very pale (almost white) pink
1 White

I generally agree that pink is the best color, and probably orange is the second best, but a good popping yellow isn't far behind, and when I started, my husband was getting Orange discs, and my other friends were getting pink discs. Through luck and some conscious decision, Yellow became my sort of default color, and is why I have more yellow than any other color.

2 of my yellow discs are Innova DX/R-Pro yellow. Like Crayola Yellow. They don't SUPER pop, but show up pretty well. One is a transparent Champion yellow that SCREAMS in sunlight. One is a GStar swirling metallic gold. Pretty, but not a super popping color.

One of my red discs is transparent Champion, and pops pretty well in bright light, but hides pretty well in shadow. My other two reds are Star plastic, and like Crayola 'Red'. They are surprisingly hard to see, for being red.

One of my pinks is neon pink transparent Lucid plastic, and is SCREAMING pink. It's so bright I can hear it. It's awesome, and seems to get brighter near sunset. Amazing. The other is Star Plastic, and just a pale pink, but seems to be pretty visible.

I have one Champion Orange that is very bright, and one Lucid orange disc that is not all that intense.

I played Wilmore Park in St. Louis today, in gusting wind, and they haven't mowed recently, leaving the grass like a foot high, and shots occasionally going way off course. I sometimes found myself selecting my disc based on color, more than flight properties, just so i had a good chance of finding it. In fact, on one shot where I selected for flight instead of color, I spent about 5 minutes pacing around the landing zone, looking for my disc.

And the other day, we played the same course, and my hubby was standing near his lie, looked down, and picked up a black Blizzard Katana. No name, number. So... (shrug). How to lose a disc. Step one: buy a BLACK driver. Step 2: Throw it. Ever.

I've said it before elsewhere. The worst disc I ever saw was a champion disc, fairly transparent, in coffee brown. But black is pretty terrible too. Not like solid glossy black, just very slightly transparent black. So it'll blend in better. A friend of mine got a tie-dye disc and learned a neat lesson on 'Optical Color Mixing', such that those brilliant blue, red, and yellow swirls all mix into a neutral brown at a range of 20 feet.

Since I'm fairly new, and still trying a lot of stuff out, I keep getting stuff used from Play It Again Sports. You don't always get a great choice of color from their used bins, but I have passed up otherwise great discs for cheap just because they were a ridiculously easy-to-lose color.

I went for Pink only, since that is the most visible color.

A nice bonus is that I have much less temptations in the DG stores and I've bought much fewer new discs since the transition.

If I absolutely have to buy a replacement for a lost Disc and there is no pink, I will buy a white one and dye it later.

I am not too picky about colors, honestly. I do try to avoid black discs (except for putters) because I lose them easily.