• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your policy on mulligans?

What's the point of initially making a really good shot if you can just do-over if you mess it up..... It is very cubby-like to take mulligans during an actual round while keeping score. Start playing all those bad drives and improve your approach and "getting out of trouble" skills

If agreed in advance with my buddy, one mulligan per 9, but it must be used during the nine, and cannot be "saved" for later.

This usually doesn't happen till later in the year when we want to shake up a round. The strategic use of the mulligan can greatly impact the mental game, of you or your opponent.

Really, it just gives you another way to bust on your buddy.

- "Boy, sure would be nice to have that mulligan now..."
- "We'd be tied if you had capitalized on that mulligan..."

(After a terrible throw)
- "Please don't tell me that was your mulligan..."

and so on.

Playing alone or with others the only 2nd shot I allow is on hole #1 only if needed. I consider that a "warm up" shot to get loosened up.

Playing alone I take all the mullies I want to... that gets old tho pretty quick 'cuz now you have to pick up all those extra shots and I usually forget where one had landed.. so I don't do it very much anymore

I'd rather just throw well the first time and if I don't then I want to kill the upshot and be proud of that... mulligans are best for really cool holes like long downhill bombers... it's really fun to crush a drive way out there and then do it again.. only super casual tho and I still only play the first throw

If its a casual round and the disc is right off the tee to where someone can just pick it up and step back on the tee, I dont care if someone wants to take the mulligan. I try not to if Im tracking score though. Other than that; WTH not. Just do whats fun.

I am still learning and my local course is in in pretty thick trees so I will throw multiple discs quite often. Mainly because I am still figuring out my flight paths and I am not learning to much when i am hitting trees with in 50 ft of my release. I also still do not keep score that often and just aim for getting some good shots each round.

In casual play, a common rule with my gang is "if you can spit further than your tee-off (because of trees, wind, angry wildlife), it's a freebie reshot."

We'll play with 1 mulligan for the round, but try to never use it.

on a casual round, if someone has a really bad drive, they'll be granted one. then everyone else in the group is entitled to one if they have a comparably garbage drive later on.

During a normal round--no Mulligans allowed. However my crew has a Friday afternoon game which rotates around the Phoenix area (winner picks next weeks course) and when we play singles you get 2 throws on Hole 1. That is the closest I get to a Mulligan. But we usually have 12+ guys so we normally throw doubles and we DO NOT get the extra throw when we play doubles.

So I was ok with them being a limit for ice bowls but I just finished one that had where you could buy unlimited mulligans. I and a few other guys decided not to buy them just to show our real score out there. I ended up losing by one stroke after shooting a -7 the first round and a +3 the second (played like S**T) because a guy bought at least 15. I am kind of mad but there is still not excuse of how bad I played the 2nd round. OK my rant is over thanks for reading.

Have never used mulligans. Sure, ive thrown bad drives and decided i wanted to throw another. But just for practice. Always claimed the first shot. Now that i think about it, ive never seen anyone trying to take mulligans.

Usually don't throw is casual rounds unless really slow and waiting or goofing off. Let other especially is new or having bad day.

Also if playing well on casual round straight up try to avoid mullies all together.