• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your weakness when shopping for plastic?

I have a weakness for Gateway putters, and I'm usually looking for a different texture, flex, or stamps. I started off addicted to Voodoos, moved on to Magics, and now I'm really into Wizards. The poor Warlock gets no love, but I did buy my son one. Evolution, Medium, G9i, Soft, Super Soft, Super Stupid Soft, SSSS, RFF, Chalky, Organic, Superglow, and soon to be a new run of Chalky and Eraser. I'm also into the world of Vibram, but have limited myself to Traks and Ibexes.

Blue discs with gold stamps. I love the look of that color combo. I bought my first Force and first PD simply because of that color.

Pearly discs always get me. I counted half a million Firebirds in my collection but when I was at the store they had 2 super pearly birds that were awesome so I figured half a million and two is a good number.

any time i find the perfect combo of
bright pink (and glow), plastic type, and correct weight for the type of disc (mid vs. driver) for my noddle arm

i have a hard time turning away

Missing out on a disc that I really wanted. There have been two CE eagle Xs for sale lately that i missed out on because i just didnt pull the trigger quick enough. Now I'm searching the web for more. Same thing happened with a bunch of nice destroyers recently as well.

I love unique stamps on discs I throw. If I see a stamp other than stock on a mold I throw, there are pretty good chances I'm buying it. I also have a thing for bright colored discs and I'm not sure why.

Agreed

Sales. I'll buy a disc that I don't even want just because it's on sale.

I know, I have a problem. :|

:D

^^This! the local mecca, The Throw Shop, has frequent sales that are usually pretty killer.. Small Business Saturday is the 24th and they're offering 25% off any one item, and 10% off the rest of your purchase.

By extension, the sales and double stamp days they offer get me in the shop often enough to feel compelled to fill my stamp card to get a FREE DISC of choice.. (I swear I don't work there, kinda wish I did lol :D)

I'd guess buying from sales is a lot like smoking crack, without the deteriorating health conditions and perpetual itchiness.

My weakness? The 15th of every month when the ad revenues from a website I run hit PayPal. It's usually a couple hundred bucks, and it's all too easy to go spend $50 of it immediately.

(Speaking of which, MSt's $50 free shipping is also a weakness, why buy 2 discs when you can get 4 for twice the price?)

39 dollar free shipping from clearwaterdiscgolf plus the latest stable/overstable mid range....