• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your weakness when shopping for plastic?

Day-glo green (tennis ball) Innova in molds I like, Wizards (in general, new plastic runs, cool stamps from local clubs/tourneys that Dave has left over), pretty plastics (Goldline lava red is stunning), Wicked cool stamps (I obsessed over the first run Katana Japan Open for 3 days before breaking down and buying 2, one pro one R-pro)
Also, and I wish these were easier to find, but any stamp from an out of town course I've played. In my happy place, every course has a signature stamped disc that I can buy and hang on the wall. Seriously, someone should tell THEM to get on this

Duplicates, always waiting to come across a disc that flies like the first disc I got of my favorite molds. Still search of a firebird, tee bird, 12x roc, and wraith that flew like my originals.

Duplicates, always waiting to come across a disc that flies like the first disc I got of my favorite molds. Still search of a firebird, tee bird, 12x roc, and wraith that flew like my originals.

as you shall be until the end of time...

Bar Stamps & Bubbles! ;)

Graphic2.jpg

Lots of different factors. I used to buy cool looking stamps and never throw them:
picture.php

and most new discs that come out to just try them only to box them away:
picture.php

I've got hundreds of these discs. Now I usually only buy throwers with stock stamps that I can wipe and put on my own:
picture.php

When at PIAS, a nice condition used disc is hard to pass up. Just the other day I got a brand new looking Pro Starfire for $6 and it was the right color to match my other drivers. I couldn't pass it up.

Rainbow or holographic stamps, blurple discs (always loved that color, never knew what to call it till I started playing disc golf and found this website), always a sucker for pearly plastic. Most of that is what gets me to buy stuff from the marketplace.

At the disc golf store, lately it's been discs with flat tops. They just feel so much better in hand. In the last month I bought a Rhyno, a Roadrunner, a CD, Ti Buzzz, and THREE C-Line FDs because they were nice & flat.

Must Buy Disc/ Buying Quirks

So i went out to a tournament a few weeks ago, and realize i have an addiction to a certain type of disc. I was wondering if anyone else has one of these stupid Quirks. So anways i get up to register into the tournament and he tells me ok, pick out any of the disc you want. They had champ beast and leopards (which is one of my favorite disc), and glo buzzz's and stalkers, Special stamp Wizards, etc. Well then a disc catches my eye. Its a tourney stamp discraft challenger (yes i turned all those down for this disc). I already have a putter i love and a 2nd putter for windy conditions. Why did i feel the need for this disc? Because its BLACK. I have always had an issue to turn away and not buy/receive a black disc when it is infront of me. I hate throwing black disc because they can sometimes be hard to find if you go OB. Just something about them. When my Black Stalker PDGA stamped came in, i was so excited. why? because it was black. Last week my friend tried to use it against me. He offered me his beat up black dx valk, for my brand new Blizzard Boss. It took me a whole 3 hours to finally tell him, no i couldnt do it. Yet i am still regretting it. So please make me feet better and share some of your Buying quirks. Rather it be a certain disc in general, a weight class, color, dye style, tourney stamps, etc. ANd before anyone can make a joke i will go ahead and say it, "yes, i love black discs" go ahead and say it aloud, my friend gives me a hard time about it all the time.

Btw i know there is probably already a thread out there, but i didnt know what words to search, so go ahead and prerube me. ALso i dont think there are many topics left that havent had a thread started already

The better question for me would be, "is there a disc you wont buy". I buy things all the time, and then later on I'll see it, and have no clue why I purchased it. I have hoards of discs I'll never throw, and yet wont sell them ...

Purple discs that are royal purple in color. Or most discs with a goldstamp that I throw.

Also, 171-173g ESP Surges and 175g Gazelles

The better question for me would be, "is there a disc you wont buy". I buy things all the time, and then later on I'll see it, and have no clue why I purchased it. I have hoards of discs I'll never throw, and yet wont sell them ...

I impulse buy as this as well. I really need to stay out of the shops, because almost anything can tempt me...

I often see someone selling a big lot of used discs.
Oh that´s cheap I tell myself.
I´ve ended up with a few big boxes of discs that never gets thrown.

I specially have a hard time not to buy midrange and fairway discs.