• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your winter weather limit?

I gladly play in: (select all that apply)

• Temps under 40F

Votes: 179 68.6%
  • Temps under freezing

Votes: 147 56.3%
  • Temps under 20F

Votes: 124 47.5%
  • High wind and temp under freezing

Votes: 110 42.1%
  • Minimal snow (disc unlikely to bury in most places)

Votes: 160 61.3%
  • Heavy to drifting snow (disc will bury in many places)

Votes: 114 43.7%
  • Ice - (slick frozen ground and/or icy tee pads)

Votes: 117 44.8%

• Total voters
I played a round in the middle of the snowfall in northern Colorado yesterday. And I have played in much worse. A few weeks ago I played a round in Cheyenne, WY and the snow drifts were ~4 feet in some places. I don't like to let weather stop me... it's just another obstacle.

branches have stopped falling, still snowing, power has been out for a couple hours, still very annoying walking around outside with large clumps of snow constantly falling off of trees, at least I don't feel like I'm going to get crushed, maybe I'll still get a round in this evening.

Getting ready to play a league round in under 34 degree weather and couple inches of snow here in Des Moines, should be fantastic lol. This time of year is usually 30 to 40 degrees warmer.

the wind just makes everything miserable in the cold. from disc flight to making it feel 40 degrees colder than it already is. i live in mn and i still go out all the time in the winter, but it does make playing tougher. makes you very happy once spring rolls around!

I played most days this past winter here in eastern Ontario. Average temp in January and February was around -15 degrees Celsius (5 Fahrenheit) Some days were a lot colder and I still went out.

That storm looks bad that you are going through. It was 27 and sunny here today (81 Fahrenheit)

so happy PA is finally having some nice weather ( 70's sunny ) but I played all winter in some pretty awesome snow storms. tons of fun. Just put surveryors ribbon on the bottom of the discs when the snow was really deep and take higher abv beers so it doesn't freeze. always a great time

Being born and raised in alaska and still living here theres not much that keeps me indoors period.. it winter most of the year so not playing is not an option. there was not an extreme enough option for me in the poll so i choose high wind and temps below freezing but ive played; in that more than enough times. just need proper gear!

Martin,

Were in Northern Wisconsin are you?

I grew up in Washburn (and still get up there a few times a year) and heard they got NAILED.

You anywhere near Washburn/Ashland/Bayfield?

Was playing Ripley Park in Cambridge this afternoon when it opened up on us, but heavy rain is much better then 8 inches of snow! :thmbup:

Martin,

Were in Northern Wisconsin are you?

I grew up in Washburn (and still get up there a few times a year) and heard they got NAILED.

You anywhere near Washburn/Ashland/Bayfield?

Nah, I'm in western WI, about an hour south and east of St. Paul, I can see MN from my front door.

Still no power. Dinner by candle light tonight.

Back to the point of the thread - guess I met my limit today, 12" of heavy wet snow, crashing tree limbs, falling snow, rain, sloppy mess, I had no desire to throw today. Once the trees stopped dropping limbs and the snow turned into a light rain I walked around with a chainsaw and got all of the crap, wasn't quite as bad as I expected, the volunteer group is still showing up tomorrow and will move all of the brush, hopefully we can get it burning.

There are worse situations out there.
I would have to agree, wet snow is just uncomfortable. I'm gonna make my way up there this summer.
Edit:are you done yet?!?:thmbup::popcorn:

Done clearing, except a few piles of brush and a dozen trees that came down in the storm. Baskets are ordered, hasn't been processed or shipped yet. Was hoping to be building tees today and tomorrow, we all know how well that's going... maybe Monday.

Just been waiting for the snow to go away, for the last 10 snow storms I'd swear it would be the last one, but I would say there will be another one next week. It's going to be snowing into June I tell ya.