• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What mold do you have the most aces with?

I've got one with a Pro Boss, which was waaaay too much disc for both me and for the hole I aced. I'd been playing for two months. A year and a half later I've hit the edge of a few baskets and hit the string a keg was hanging from, but no more aces... Yet.

I have 15 aces and 7 of them are with two Star Gators, one is just newer and more stable than the other. The old one has 5 and the new one has 2.

I also have 2 with a Pro Starfire (SL mold) same disc and my two most recent aces

I have one with a star mako
I have one with a DX Beast (beat to hell)
I have 3 with a Star Spider (same disc) although one probably doesn't count, but the DGCR scorebook says it was a 1 (just not on a real basket, it was more of a PVC fieldgoal)
My first ace came on a star roadrunner that still does not act like a roadrunner. It must have snapped that baby over real good to keep an anhyzer into the basket

^^^^ It is just a matter of time time before you guys get your first ace. The first one is the hardest. I am by no means trying to rub it in. I just assumed that the majority of aces come with mids and putters. I am curious if others get most of their aces with Drivers like myself... Overstable mids seem to be the trend so far. Thanks for the input. Keep em coming.

The majority of aces come when you are not trying for them I would assume. They are good shots gone bad. Unless you are seriously gunning for an ace on every throw you are less likely to get them than if you were tyring to park a hole and got an accidental air bounce, or clipped a tree. They are lucky shots because think about it, if they miss the basket how far away are you putting from.

Sure there are people who simply try to ace everytime, every club has someone like that, but for most serious disc golfers, aces are bonuses to birdies!

I've gotten 5, myself.

3 with DGA Titanics

1 with a CryZtal Z Challenger

1 with an X-link Vibram Ridge.

It's interesting that I've hit tons of metal with my Buzzz AND my Mako, but only putters give me aces...

The one cool thing I have had happen, I have aced the same hole with an intentional skip shot with my star gator twice. The second time I said beforehand I am going to try to skip this in like the time before and I DID.

I also have aced the same hole with a backhand anny and a forehand flick. I think that is pretty cool, but calling my ace was awesome too, and I rarely would call for an ace!

Haven't hit a legit scorecarded ace since May of 2005, but had a few cubbies since then. 10x eagle had 2, 1 with an se leopard (my first ace), 1 with a first run spider, and 1 with a ce rhyno. The eagle was massively overstable and flew like a firebird and was basically my utility disc. One was a spike hyzer over some trees and the other was a tomahawk.

6 - Max (4 of them on the same one)
6 - Whippets (All different discs, but 5 on the same hole)

Banshee & Firebird have 2 each

Champ Starfire
Pro Pig
Pro Pig
Pro Pig

Only Ace #2 occurred at a course I had played previously. :confused:

It's a tie for one with a Whippet, Teebird, and Striker. Getting multiple aces with the same disc will be a very rare (and likely never) occurance. As soon as I hit an ace, I retire the disc once I get a chance to replace it.

I have two - one with a roc like you would expect and one with a star katana like you might not.:)

Six Aces
Five on Challengers
Last one with a Lat. Mercy.

Splashed chains with Buzzz's, Wraiths, Orcs, Crush's, Drone's, Lat. Pure's, and so on, and so on. I thought I had a semi-blind ace with a Pure last summer. Loudest chain hit ever. After my friend gave me the obligatory high five, I said, "Wait, I've never had an ace with anything other than a Challenger. It might not be in the basket." Sure enough, it wasn't.

Latest posts