• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Putter Do You Use?

Wizard for putts
Wizard for approaches
Wizard for short line-drive shots

just an off topic update: i was putting like tiger today with a disccraft upshot. yeah it was amateur tees, and yeah it was doubles, but i was sinkin 'em like i never have before. we shot -10, but you all can kiss my ass since that was the best i've ever done at my home course (white birch).

/why yes, i do know that means we should be shooting from the pro tees, but i'm still proud damnit!
//i used to use my aviar as i posted earlier in this thread, but for some reason i just knock 'em down with the upshot

thats a really good point ... there is no point in buying a putter thats good for missing the basket ... Ive actually switched back to hard putters, but I do like to keep a softer putter just for the winter.

thats the same epiphany i reached today. i've always used my softer aviar because i assumed i would miss, so the softer disc would leave me a better lie/par shot. i switched to the stiffer upshot today and i was actually making the shots i was aiming for.

/YMMV

just an off topic update: i was putting like tiger today with a disccraft upshot. yeah it was amateur tees, and yeah it was doubles, but i was sinkin 'em like i never have before. we shot -10, but you all can kiss my ass since that was the best i've ever done at my home course (white birch).

/why yes, i do know that means we should be shooting from the pro tees, but i'm still proud damnit!
//i used to use my aviar as i posted earlier in this thread, but for some reason i just knock 'em down with the upshot
Cool. The Upshot is made by Lightning, though.

Ok, I have to ask. Why do you carry 4 different putters?

Different situations calls for certain disc to be used...

Like for upshot throws, long putts, downhill short putt, long/short an/hyzer shots, etc...

Same thing for mid and distance drivers, of course.

Couldn't have said it better myself. But I will also add that it depends on the weather too (cold, hot, rain, etc.)

Last edited:
APX Swirl for anything inside 30' unless I need to hyzer around something
Challenger: Soft EliteX Beat...for jump putts and hyzer putts
Challenger: Soft EliteX New...for upshots
Challenger: Crystal for stable approach shots and Tee Shots up to 220'
Zone:ESP for heavy wind day approaches and heavy headwind putting...aka my Bowling Green Putter

Sometimes I'll use a BangerGT...a soft one...for jump putts in the off season when my fingers are cold and I don't get a good grip...the grooved thumb slot helps me then. I play around with an ESP BangerGT for short drives as well. All putters are max weight...I wish I could have putters double, triple or even 100x max weight.

For a pure putter (about 50' or less) I practice with 175g DX Aviars but in my bag is a 178g (I think) Lighting #2. I got it as a throw in last year and started with it this year. I've grown to really like it.

I like my Blowfly now for putts under 50' but I think I might like my Banger-GTs better for anything longer, at least putting wise and FH. BH is still Blowfly.

Voodoo in SS, and HPP
Just bought some Magics to try out
KC and JK Aviars make it into my putting routine when im at home using the practice basket