• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What single disc can replace a River and Leopard?

Wreck

Par Member
Hey all,

I just lost my 2 year old GL river a month after losing my 1 year old Leopard. So now, since I'm trying to cut down the number of molds I throw, I'm in the market for an understable fairway which can combine the insane glide I get from the river, with the smooth, consistent turn of a Leopard.

I've also been really interested in the Fuse... so what's a longer disc I could pair with that for the understable slot?

Well the Underworld is glidey, and turns consistently. But it might turn more than a Leopard, depending on what flavor plastic you had.

Try out a pinnacle or icon patriot. The more you throw it, the better you'll like it.

S- Line FD Jackal. Not quite as glidey as the river but close. And has a decent enough turn. Lighter weight is what you probably want.

discmania fd. between the variations of c (champ) and s (star) line, you can cover everything from eagle/teebird to river/leopard.

Legacy Patriot in Icon and/or Pinnacle Plastic. Its literally a combo of both in terms of feel and flight.

Pinnacle is a bit more straight stable and the Icon is more of a left-to-right mover but still very straight at low power

Not gonna say you will find this disc you seek, but patriot seems to be there.

Get another leopard, there is no replacement only substitutes.

discmania fd. between the variations of c (champ) and s (star) line, you can cover everything from eagle/teebird to river/leopard.

I have a 167 S for stuff that needs to go right and a 168 C that covers straight. These glide forever too.

I only see 3 great options. Other options or just a touch outside the stabilities of those 2 discs.

1) Polaris LS - it's basically a River with a touch less glide and a touch fatter rim. Almost the same basic stability. It's he only other mold that really exists right between the 2.

2) Beat GL River - throw hyzer bombs and rollers and you'll have it in no time.

3) Stiff Champion Leopard - they are different out of the box and will be a VERY slow beat in to an average leopard flight. It'll fly closer to a river's flight path for quite a while.

MVP Amp replaced my Rivers that i had thrown for years, VERY controllable on anny lines and has enough LSS to pull out at verry end to prevent roll-aways. I never thought i would replace my river.

Legacy Patriot in Icon and/or Pinnacle Plastic. Its literally a combo of both in terms of feel and flight.

Pinnacle is a bit more straight stable and the Icon is more of a left-to-right mover but still very straight at low power

This was my first thought as well.

150 Champ Leopard

If you buy one in a bright color, and don't like it, I WILL buy it off you. Call it the fanboy guarantee. :|

I will toss in another vote for the Discmania FD. A lighter s-line will cover any river or leopard shot. If you want to take it farther grab a flat c-line and you can cover 95% of your fairway shots